Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default speed traps on Christmas

Do you guys think the police do less speed traps on Christmas? Here in CT they seem to be pretty forgiving on Christmas eve and Christmas but were out in full force December 23 and will most likely be out tomorrow catching out of state travelers on the highway.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: speed traps on Christmas

I think are at their destination as PA-80 was dead with flow 75-85.

Out in full force in Houston, Conroe, and Willis Texas

Good Citizen

Not sure about your own "hood" but around here (I'm in N. CA) they have seemed to almost disappear for several days before and right after Xmas day.

Recently I have been trying to compare my new V1 and my Redline and genuine LEO radar sources have been almost completely absent for several days now. A good time to do a little light speeding perhaps

Apparently they say that they are cracking down DUI stuff again (as usual) but I just haven't been seeing them out much at all. Perhaps this week is going to be their big offensive?

Speed Demon

Out in full force in Ontario. I saw three cars pulled over by two diffeent forces.

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

I did a round trip Portland-Seattle on I-5.
    No speed-monitoring. I saw one WSP.

Lead Foot

I was thinking about starting a separate thread on this, however this one seems fitting.

Is it just me, or is there a lot more IO usage around the holidays?

I'm probably over thinking but I wonder if they are trying to combat people who may have gotten RDs as gifts. It seems like it might be a good way to bag some clueless radar detector newbies and re-enforce the whole "detectors don't work" campaign.

Like I said, probably just me over thinking, but I have seen more IO usage the last couple weeks than I have all year.

Newcomer

Christmas morning I was driving through a local speed trap, Braap I/O. I was +3 PSL but the guy who was driving much faster coming up behind me, LEO triggers again, Braap, and LEO turns on his lights, but doesn't pull the guy over. He just lit him up to give him a warning to slow down. Now that's the spirit! It was nice to see someone get a break, since a ticket on Christmas day would have been damper on the celebration. He may have driving 15 or 20 over, but it was a slow Sunday morning and he wasn't a danger to anyone.

Good Citizen

Still a bit odd - I drove 600 miles in California to Reno, Nevada and back middle of last week (between Xmas and New Year).

I only saw a few LEO's the whole way - a fraction of what I normally see on that very same trip.

Weird stuff

(All the driving was during daylight hours on two days - so maybe they were out "en masse" in the evenings instead?)

Not a good time to be trying to test and compare radar detectors it seems. And for the last two weeks you could completely forget about LIDAR.

Good Citizen

Took a trip from Canon City, CO to Chicago, IL after Christmas and New Year's Day and didn't see very many LEO's going either way.