Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Life WITHOUT your RD Or L J

What would my life be like Hmm i think i wouldnt be allowed to get behind a wheel of anykind lol i dont think i could ever feel safe driving.

Old Timer

I would have lost my job as a pizzaman long ago, and probibally would still be paying it off

Banned

LOL

Radar Fanatic

I'm prety sure I'd be alright but I wouldn't like it. With a radar detector I don't feel paranoid about keeping up with the flow of traffic. Without it basically any kind of highway driving in the northeast would be a lot more stressful.

Power User

I'd probably be back in jail for speeding or be driving like an old person slow as hell, except unlike the old people I would pay attention.

Radar Fanatic

I am an old person with good driving skills and I have yet to be called an organ donor as we "old" people refer to the youngins- lol- drive safely and happy motoring.

Speed Demon

Its nice in 55mph zones thanks ND and MN. :roll: But overall you can drive 80mph in ND and SD. So its not really need on the highway.

Cheetah Rep

you don't realize how use you get to all your protection until you drive without it.
    i was out of town last week, and i din't want to take my V-1 on my flight, so i left it at home. that was a long week of driving the rental car. everytime i saw an LEO i was wondering if i was being clocked or not.
    i'm used to getting in my truck and just driving, but i felt like i had a big sign that said "clock me, i'm probably speeding"

Newcomer

I take my radar detector everywhere including short trips, under 1-2 miles. In the last 8 years I have been pulled over 3 times for speeding. Once I was driving the g-friends car and SHE had it; bi**h! That one costed me around $150.00. The next I had my Father's car taking my grandmother home on Thanksgiving and got pulled over; got a warning. The last was about 3 weeks ago taking a 1.5 mile trip after shoulder surgery I did not want to reach up and put it on the window. You guessed it, 10 mph over. Got a warning because I think the officer felt sorry for me!

As bad as this sounds, I do not look at speed signs much, I just drive the speed that feels right for the road. If I am in the city with lots of people, I probably drive under the speed limit. If I am on a street that is wide without any other cars or people, I might be 10 over.

Chris

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by cjs180
    As bad as this sounds, I do not look at speed signs much, I just drive the speed that feels right for the road. If I am in the city with lots of people, I probably drive under the speed limit. If I am on a street that is wide without any other cars or people, I might be 10 over.
    That's exactly how I drive -- I know generally how fast I can react, how fast my car reacts, and I'm very alert to conditions on the road and the positions of other cars around me. So I just drive at a speed that gets me where I'm going, without endangering myself or other drivers. I've never had a wreck, but avoided a few due to alert driving.

It would be so cool if people could be given some sort of driving skill rating, and the speed limits be different depending on a driver's skill. Yeah, it could never happen for a variety of reasons... but still nice to think about.

As to the original topic, I don't have my X50 yet (it's in the mail), but knowing my own personality, that thing will quickly become like a safety blanket to me. I expect that after using it for about a month, I'll start to feel very naked on the road if I have to drive without it.