Newcomer

Default Craiglist Radar Detectors

I keep finding what appear to be good deals on great radar detectors (Beltronics) on Craigslist that are only a few months old and in good working order and even some new in the box for at least $40-60 less than what Amazon wants for the detector brand new. Some even have the original paperwork, box and cord and seem legit. Now I realize that with any purchase like this there is risk, but if I look at Craigslist radar detectors, what should I look for to make sure I am getting the real deal? Now many of these ads seem legitimate and seem to have everything in order, but are there ways of looking at it and testing it to make sure it is not in any way damaged or not detecting properly?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Craiglist Radar Detectors

That you are buying from a registered dealer so you will have a warranty.

good question, let us know what you find out. I don't know much about C/L.

Newcomer

Just got an RX-65 from Craigslist. Guy was nice and knew alot about detectors. Also happy to help set this one up. He wanted to resell this one but kept it for months because he loved it even with his V1. Also was already programmed, but I changed some stuff (like turning X back on).

Quote Originally Posted by ComputernerdBD View Post
    Just got an RX-65 from Craigslist. Guy was nice and knew alot about detectors. Also happy to help set this one up. He wanted to resell this one but kept it for months because he loved it even with his V1. Also was already programmed, but I changed some stuff (like turning X back on).
    glad it turned out well

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
    glad it turned out well
    Well sorry to say it didn't. Sound stopped working. Check the Beltronics thread. Not sure what to do with this paperweight now. Fix it/sell it or scrap it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
    glad it turned out well
    Well sorry to say it didn't. Sound stopped working. Check the Beltronics thread. Not sure what to do with this paperweight now. Fix it/sell it or scrap it.
    damn I am sorry about that. Is it just the speaker?

Good Citizen

A deal is a deal,just don't expect warranty work to be honored.