Good Citizen

Default Low powered speed sign?

I posted awhile back about these speed signs I have in my area.. That get you speed with no alert at all coming from the redline. And I passed the same area after video was taken and didnt even get a chirp out of the redline.. weird.
    Redline - YouTube

Default Re: Low powered speed sign?

pretty strange

Newcomer

I found one here too a few days ago. I was wondering why my RL and V1 weren't picking it up.

sometimes these radar guns in the signs are so out of band and uncalibrated that your detector won't pick them up

I had a local policeman that I bet made bu-co dollars from his way out of band radar unit.

only certain detectors of mine would pick it up that could handle such out of band signals.

Radar Fanatic

Nothing strange about it at all.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...peed-sign.html

J/

Quote Originally Posted by jerry540i View Post
    Nothing strange about it at all.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...peed-sign.html

J/
    except he doesn't have a v1

At my toll on the GSP, there are 3 or 4 speed signs which my 9500ix won't pickup untill I'm 3 feet away from them. Meanwhile they consistently show my speed as I approach the toll. And the locations aren't locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
    sometimes these radar guns in the signs are so out of band and uncalibrated that your detector won't pick them up

I had a local policeman that I bet made bu-co dollars from his way out of band radar unit.

only certain detectors of mine would pick it up that could handle such out of band signals.
    In Australia ACMA(the Government body that grants permission to use Radio Frequencies) rents out the frequencies all around the bands the Police use to Telecommunications juggernaughts.

I have yet to see a Radar not using a Frequency allocated to someone else. This is actually a serious crime and should it be brought to the public's attention the Police would be in serious trouble. As far as crimes go a speeding infringement pales in comparison to the illegal use of Radio Frequencies allocated for other purposes.

In fact it is the same Legislation that makes Radar Jammers illegal since Jamming is just broadcasting on a frequency you don't have permission to broadcast on.

P.S. it just dawned on me if you wanted to make some easy cash, find out exactly what frequency the local copper is using. Purchase a lease on that band for the minimum term and then Sue the pants of the Police for damages caused to your "whatever" from broadcasting on the band you have rights to.
    Last edited by Stealthy; 05-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post

In Australia ACMA(the Government body that grants permission to use Radio Frequencies) rents out the frequencies all around the bands the Police use to Telecommunications juggernaughts.

I have yet to see a Radar not using a Frequency allocated to someone else. This is actually a serious crime and should it be brought to the public's attention the Police would be in serious trouble. As far as crimes go a speeding infringement pales in comparison to the illegal use of Radio Frequencies allocated for other purposes.

In fact it is the same Legislation that makes Radar Jammers illegal since Jamming is just broadcasting on a frequency you don't have permission to broadcast on.

P.S. it just dawned on me if you wanted to make some easy cash, find out exactly what frequency the local copper is using. Purchase a lease on that band for the minimum term and then Sue the pants of the Police for damages caused to your "whatever" from broadcasting on the band you have rights to.
    I like that idea.