Default Avoiding your radar to be detected in area they use spectre (Quebec) ?

Hello, I live in area where they use spectre (Quebec, canada), I bought a Bels v955 already.

I don't want to invest 400$ in this kind of thing, that's why I didn't buy a STi.

Well my question is, if I just open it on highway, if I'm not alone on the road, I guess I don't have risk to be caught? Or am I totally wrong and I should return the beltronics I just bought?

Thanks for any tips, I really need advices!

Lead Foot

Default Re: Avoiding your radar to be detected in area they use spectre (Quebec) ?

Wrong, it is certainly harder but not impossible. I would pay 400$ for an undetectable detector because the ticket itself is 750$ if caught. If you run your bel and get caught, you just payed 1000$ for your detector and you loose it...

There is a trick out there is to buy a 30$ cobra and if you get caught you hide your Bel and give the cobra to the officer. You still have to pay the 750$ but you don't loose your ''good'' detector.

Another trick is to unplug your detector every time you spot a LEO so that they can't track you (QPP are the only ones to use the Spectre to my knowledge but I could be wrong)

At least with a STI or Redline, you only have to worry about the RD being visible to others on the road which is pretty easy to take care of. Also use common sense and don't tap your brakes when it goes off and that kinda stuff

In what area do you live?

Advanced Member

Default Re: Avoiding your radar to be detected in area they use spectre (Quebec) ?

Don't want to invest in a nondetectable RD? Then gamble! Can not sleep at night? Then get a nondetectable RD, hide it so it can not be seen and use it in the dark mode. Don't use any detectable RD where RDD rules when you can avoid it. Speeding is a costly game, can not afford it, then don't speed, save your money......

yea thanks guys, I guess I'll just return this unit and forget about the radar detector thing!

I live in Quebec, Montreal btw!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by radoas73 View Post
    I live in Quebec, Montreal btw!
    The bigger the area, the more likely you will meet QPP with Spectre

Newcomer

I live on the south shore of Montreal and never got a second look from a LEO,of course I have been a proud owner of a BEL STI for 3years now.

Lead Foot

Is QPP strictly running 35.5 C/O in your area?

Newcomer

Don't know,my STI is always in the dark mode.