This is my first real post I apologize if it's in the wrong place or a repetitive question. Any help would be sooo apreciated.
My family regularly drives from Sacramento Area to LA (more specifically Disneyland) I have read many posts and I realize that CHP uses LIDAR / Laser etc. I am not ready for laser jammers etc. It appears to be a mixed bag wether a radar detector will help me with all the use of LIDAR. Can anyone familar with this area help in the following ways:
1. I5 Traffic- everyone speeds does anyone know what the comfortable level is before you get a ticket? For example most of the HWY is 70mph I always travel 80 and haven ever been pulled over, I am also passed a lot. I would like to go 90 but feel i would get a ticket then.
1a. Does anyone know what % of LIDAR/Laser VS K/A band is on this freeway? If it's mostly k/a then the radar detector makes sense.
2. WIth CHP using LIdar, K/A etc can anyone recomend 1 or 2 radar detectors, is there any chance you can recomend one for 250.00 or under, I really only speed going to DLand and need it for the Freeway application.
4. Should I even get a radar detector being that cops like to use the laser or LIDAR as i have heard mixed results?
5. If yes, I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna with kids and luggage blocking the rear window, WHERE should i place the radar detector? (right above dash / lower window or high by visor / rear view mirror?
6. Can anyone point me to specific links or posts that discuss the I5 traffic or use from Norcal to Socal that discuss CHP habits, ticketing etc