Newcomer

Default Need Radar Detector tested

Anywhere or anyone near Columbia, SC that can facilitate testing a V1?

Advanced Member

Default Re: Need Radar Detector tested

Op, sense you question why your V1 did not alarm to the radar (what the Leo said). What are your settings? Program. The only way to test the V1 is to send it back to Valentine and let them test the unit. Explain what happened for they will have an ideal what to look for (call first and explain to a tech). If you had all of the bands turned ON, he could have got you with a easy (don't say it) I/O. The V1 should have alarmed but if you had the filtering Ka Guard on, the V1 could have missed it, likely not but possible. If POP was used, did you have POP on? It is not for tickets but hey, the Leo could not have known that if it was a local.....

Newcomer

Nah that is not it. Granted this is the RD I had when I got the ticket and fully believe there is nothing wrong with it. I had sold it on EBAY and the it was "returned" forceably by paypal. I just want to see if I can get it verified/tested against some known good RG's so I can sell it again. I already have a brand new V1 and loving and the new features.

Advanced Member

Thanks for the added info. Valentine will test it and ask them to send a copy of the test to verify it and use that to sell the unit for more because it will sell better! It will cost you a little. One would need a X, K, 33.8, 34.7, 35.5 radars to test the unit right, who has that many guns?.... Sorry you got the ticket for a V1 that is working should protect someone from all radar...

Newcomer

I will give V1 a call and see what they say, thanks for that info. Was hoping for a radar guru to have all those close by Only my 2nd ticket in 10 years with that exact V1, the first one I am sure no RD could have saved me from, but this one.... hmmmmmmm O, well. Playing with the setting on my new one, love changing them VIA the bluetooth app. Just wish the next county over didn't run X.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby13 View Post
    I will give V1 a call and see what they say, thanks for that info. Was hoping for a radar guru to have all those close by Only my 2nd ticket in 10 years with that exact V1, the first one I am sure no RD could have saved me from, but this one.... hmmmmmmm O, well. Playing with the setting on my new one, love changing them VIA the bluetooth app. Just wish the next county over didn't run X.
    Ouch, what county is that? I'm in SC infrequently but I always ride with X off....

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseventy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby13 View Post
    Ouch, what county is that? I'm in SC infrequently but I always ride with X off....
    From what I found online, Lexington County uses X still.