Newcomer

Default Collision Avoidance and Adaptive Cruise RADAR

Do these systems cause false alerts or are the frequencies outside the range used by LEO RADAR guns?

From what I see on Google search results, these safety systems can operate on all 3 RADAR bands X, K, and Ka.

I operate my V1 w POP detection turned off, and still get occasional false alerts from other new cars (w/ no radar detector visible).

Speed Demon

Default Re: Collision Avoidance and Adaptive Cruise RADAR

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    Do these systems cause false alerts or are the frequencies outside the range used by LEO RADAR guns?

From what I see on Google search results, these safety systems can operate on all 3 RADAR bands X, K, and Ka.

I operate my V1 w POP detection turned off, and still get occasional false alerts from other new cars (w/ no radar detector visible).
    Yes they sure can. With the v1 it's are hyperactive to laser alerts from certain cars back lights also.

Speed Demon

Yes they sure can. With the v1 it's are hyperactive to laser alerts from certain cars back lights also.

Newcomer

The V1 manual mentions the false alerts from some rear brake lights, but nothing about cars with these radar based safety systems.

I believe a new Honda Odyssey and Infiniti were generating a radar false alert for me recently. Is there a list of the car models that are culprits for radar false alerts?

Speed Demon

The V1 manual mentions the false alerts from some rear brake lights, but nothing about cars with these radar based safety systems.

I believe a new Honda Odyssey and Infiniti were generating a radar false alert for me recently. Is there a list of the car models that are culprits for radar false alerts?
    The manual doesn't mention that? Wonder why? It's a well know fact.

Very strange.

well I bet other rd manuals don't mention it either

Newcomer

Those systems should be on X or Ku bands. If I ran the zoo they would. They definitely false our counter measures. What I don't know is if they also false Leos radar if they go by while its operating.

Newcomer

another sad note is, buy a car with that system and false your own detector. Hell of it is, they don't allow the driver to shut it off without pulling fuses or snipping wires.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Cusp View Post
    another sad note is, buy a car with that system and false your own detector. Hell of it is, they don't allow the driver to shut it off without pulling fuses or snipping wires
    That would suck.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cusp View Post
    another sad note is, buy a car with that system and false your own detector. Hell of it is, they don't allow the driver to shut it off without pulling fuses or snipping wires.
    Yeah, a friend of mine's gf has an Audi S4 and even when you turn it off, the radar is still going.