Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default The Next Laser Test???

I think that who ever does the next laser test. Should perform the test on a real freeway not in a controlled environment. This will give the best possible real world challenge. I recommend instead of testing by feet go and shoot at another car coming up the freeway and have THE CAR behind it and see if it picks up any scatter or alerts. Determine in this test if high or low mount has any affect in different traffic patterns. See how the detectors alert in different traffic density. See if lots of cars around the detector mean more detection for laser or less. The laser person could sit on the side of the road or over a bridge etc. where ever safe. and shoot laser at the freeway with THE CAR riding along in traffic. This will simulate what the officer has to deal with in the real world. And will give everybody and better understanding of what laser does in traffic etc.

Then put the video on line for all to watch.

Man I wish I had a laser gun and a camera to do this. But I will have to leave that up to the more well to do people in this forum. :wink:

Yoda of Radar

The problem with uncontrolled environments is that it is impossible to duplicate the conditions. One RD might get a lucky conditions and another might get poor ones.

Power User

I would just like to see the same carried out in a controlled environment.

Old Timer

Reinacting real world scenarios in a controlled envorionment is the best way to go.

You can never get the same results with an uncontrolled environment, which is why you want to do worst case scenario testing.

not to mention, if we did all the testing on the freeway, you have any idea how long it'd take for all the passes to test out a jammer?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Reinacting real world scenarios in a controlled envorionment is the best way to go.

You can never get the same results with an uncontrolled environment, which is why you want to do worst case scenario testing.

not to mention, if we did all the testing on the freeway, you have any idea how long it'd take for all the passes to test out a jammer?
    x3 on that.

Yoda of Radar

I just wish you guys would test laser jammers against a overpass attack.

Advanced Member

Yeah we've been asked to do an overpass shot a bunch of times. Maybe one of these tests we'll get around to it.

Old Timer

You know i was thinking about that. we REALLY dont have to go to a highway for an overpass shot. as funny as this sounds, all we need to do is stand on somthing like a ladder (or roys bigass RV :wink: ) to simulate the overpass shot.

Yoda of Radar

I got hit that was last weekend, lucky for me the cop was a bad aim.