Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Frequeny & concealment questions

First off I would like to thank RadarRoy for setting up my account since I wasnt able to for some odd reason.

I found this site the other night and have been reading a ton of info. I have had my RD for almost a year, its an X50.

The question I have: Ive read about being able to tell what the PD's have, radar wise, by the frequeny they use. What is the list for those frequencies?

Also, concealment. What reasons do you conceal the RD besides being in states that they are Illegal?

Advanced Member

Default Re: Frequeny & concealment questions

Quote Originally Posted by CLTX11
    The question I have: Ive read about being able to tell what the PD's have, radar wise, by the frequeny they use. What is the list for those frequencies?
    This only really works on Ka:

33.3 (35.5?)GHz Genesis II
    33.8 GHz MPH BEE III (BEE 36)
    34.70 or 34.94 GHz Stalker ATR
    34.70 Stalker DSR
    34.2 - 35.2 GHz Stalker ATR (freq hopper)

34.3 GHz TMT-6F photo radar/Multanova 6F photo radar
    34.6 GHz PR-100 photo radar
    33.4 GHz photo radar
    34.6 GHz Lockheed Martin photo system

Jim

Yoda of Radar

You'd conceal the unit to protect from theft when parked, to offer a cleaner and more "feung shui" driving environment, to make operating the unit easier (ie remote on/off). etc

Newcomer

As a resident of the wonderful Commonwealth of VA I just mount mine right beside my Sirius satellite radio receiver. But just the other day I almost got busted. I was going down the road and saw a VA State Trooper turning in the median ahead of me. My RD didn't go off so I assume he didn't have any radar on. I carefully eased up and took my RD down and sat it in the seat beside me. He started to come up behind me and something told me to take down the suction mount so I did before he got any closer. Next thing I know the blue lights come on so I take my RD which is in the passenger seat and ease it down between my legs and stick it under the seat and do the same with the suction mount. Like a fool I had the RX65 carrying case sitting in the passenger seat but I figured I'd moved enough things so I just hoped he wouldn't notice it. Well he came up and asked for my driver's license and registration and then told me he had seen my "monitor" (the radio) and I couldn't have it stuck to the windshield because it was obstructing my view. I promptly told him I had no idea I couldn't mount it there since the receiver came specifically with a window mount. He said he just wanted to let me know and I took it down and he went along his way. Guess it was my lucky day.

Guess where the receiver is mounted now... :twisted:

Speed Demon

How many of you guys leave it up on the windshield? I have had a habit every since I bought mine it comes down first then my face to my radio and into the console. There is NO WAY I would leave that thing on my windshield considering the crime around here.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDYJ
    As a resident of the wonderful Commonwealth of VA I just mount mine right beside my Sirius satellite radio receiver. But just the other day I almost got busted. I was going down the road and saw a VA State Trooper turning in the median ahead of me. My RD didn't go off so I assume he didn't have any radar on. I carefully eased up and took my RD down and sat it in the seat beside me. He started to come up behind me and something told me to take down the suction mount so I did before he got any closer. Next thing I know the blue lights come on so I take my RD which is in the passenger seat and ease it down between my legs and stick it under the seat and do the same with the suction mount. Like a fool I had the RX65 carrying case sitting in the passenger seat but I figured I'd moved enough things so I just hoped he wouldn't notice it. Well he came up and asked for my driver's license and registration and then told me he had seen my "monitor" (the radio) and I couldn't have it stuck to the windshield because it was obstructing my view. I promptly told him I had no idea I couldn't mount it there since the receiver came specifically with a window mount. He said he just wanted to let me know and I took it down and he went along his way. Guess it was my lucky day.

Guess where the receiver is mounted now... :twisted:
    talk about a close one heh i hear virginia is pretty strict with those.

Power User

Yeah Virginia has strict laws on everything, unless it is gun or tobacco related. You can smoke and shoot people but everything else is bad, just kidding of course.

I almost got busted with my laser jammer in Virginia. State cop (old man) was checking cars near a toll both during a traffic jam. Cop stared long and hard at the front end of my car, so I was thinking to myself: $hit I'm gonna get some stupid lecture and a $40 ticket. Well the cop walks up to my window, I pretend like I don't notice him of course. Knocks on my window and I roll it down and say hello sir. He says "Good afternoon, I......" then he stops talking as I see him look around the interior of my car then he says "Oh, it just must have been a shadow or something" and walks away. He never said what he thought was a shadow, but I thought for sure he saw the front jammer heads on my car, because at that close range they are VERY easy to see. Laughed to myself as I drove away.

Newcomer

nice that coulda been ur a$$, did you have your radar detector mounted when he came up to your car?

Power User

Yeah I had the detector mounted on the windshield just above the rearview mirror. It was alerting Ka band from the parked cop car, was muted. The 97 to 2003 Grand Prix's have a lighter socket up top. The way the windshield is designed, you can't see the detector unless you stick your head in the car and look up at the rearview mirror.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Yeah I had the detector mounted on the windshield just above the rearview mirror. It was alerting Ka band from the parked cop car, was muted. The 97 to 2003 Grand Prix's have a lighter socket up top. The way the windshield is designed, you can't see the detector unless you stick your head in the car and look up at the rearview mirror.
    ah real nice