I'm looking for advice, I'll be as concise as possible. I guess what I'm really after is more of a laser detector than radar (though I know many devices do both), but the laser areas of this forum seemed to focus on jammers, which I don't want as they're illegal here.
- I'm in Australia, the only form of speed traps in my state are laser-based
- I had a Whistler Pro 78 SE. It was good, but it died after many years
- I'm looking for a replacement, budget of around $150 (give or take $50)
- The main speed camera here is the Vitronic PoliScan Speed M1. It's LIDAR-based.
- I hear the Whistler C85 is very similar to the 78 SE, but in a new case. Is there anything better in the same price range?
- Detectors are legal in my state, so it doesn't need to be undetectable. It would be nice in case the law gets changed down the track, but it's not vital
Thanks in advance!