Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Laser/Radar combo for NYC - ALS alernatives

I'm got my eyes on the ALS6.5 but are there any other units out there on the market that is *comparable* to the ALS but more stealthily ?

As far as radar units, I'm still on the edge of what to buy. The V1 seems to be a good all around performer. If I was to go with the V1, I would probably have the remote unit flushed into my cig ashtray for a stealth appearance.

Due to the way the ALS module looks like....I don't think I can make it look stealth from the front.

Love to hear your thoughts & recommendations.

BTW, I'm not sure if the *car* actually determines the lasar/radar device but it's for a BMW X5

Yoda of Radar

The only other jammer on the market right now that is small is the Lidatek, it has pretty good results! Not in the area of the AL6 but Roy has them NOW....

My timeframe for install is about 1-2 months from now when the weather get's warmer. The interior module , etc will need to be *fabricated* into the car so whether it's fiberglassing, etc - warmer weather is better .....

The front/rear transponders are the issue. I like how the Lidateks are flush in the front....as opposed to the ALS.

Not sure what the pros/cons are but this noobie is searching the forums and reading up on old threads.

Old Timer

I believe NYC uses the Ultralyte. If you can deal with the 5 second jam time, the lidatek usually will give a JTG if the laser is being hand held.

Antilaser will jam 7 seconds, and will basically jam anything to the gun. if you are looking for a unit in 1 or 2 months, I would recommend that- unless you got a smaller car, the the blinder & veil may suite you just as well, for a little more then 1/2 the price of the AL6 (which is now LD laser defender)

The AL6 will flush into the car. They dropped the silver casing, and went with an all black unit. It is about the same size as the lidatek.

What type of car do you drive, what are you trying to stealth out?

If you are driving in NYC, I am not sure that I would recommend any of the top 3. I think theyd always be going off. This is where you may look into a vecter if you are one that wants the best all around detector for your area.

I drive a BMW X5 . It's really for the roads that I hardly take......as the ones I usually do , I know where all the traps are.

As my original post stated, the interior remotes/controls are not an issue and I can fabricate to make it look stealth. On the ALS , does it look the same as the one on their home pages with the sensor/laser diode. My only gripe with that is that the *front face* is not flush for a more stealthly appearance.

Yoda of Radar

I want as do the rest of us an AL6, but we are all wondering if they will ever be for sale!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    I want as do the rest of us an AL6, but we are all wondering if they will ever be for sale!
    The Anti-Laser is forsale in the UK an some places might ship to the US but AntiLaser has issues on releasing in the USA cause Blinder would rather sue for patent violation than making a newer jammer that compares to the AL6 :roll: State troopers around NYC all have stalkers along with LTI Ultralytes...I would go with the V1 or BEL RX65(if you buy a jammer)

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

An alternative is the Drive Smart Defender2 (D2).

Thanks so far. The nice thing I like about the V1 is the remote display. I was originally considering the built in integrated lasers/radar detector but it appears there are much better units out on the market for the $$.

For those NYC'ers reading this.....Never been the the Taconic Pkway before. Nice spring drive going north. Holy $h1ets. Troopers must have been pulling 10+ cars left and right by the minutes. I got snagged too but a lawyer got me out of it. That hopefully will be my 1st and last ticket.

Yoda of Radar

How can Blinder sue? Why did Lidatek get the ok?