The followings apply to the Province of Ontario ONLY:
- there is no X-band police radar anywhere in C/S/SW/SE Ontario where 98% of the population lives,
- there is no photo-radar (speed cameras) province-wide,
- b/c RDs have been illegal for maybe 30+ years now, you have better odds winning the $100M jackpot than having somebody with an RD around you on the road, and IF that happens, 101% it’s a Spectre-proof stealth RD like STI Driver/Magnum/STIR or Escort RedLine. NO COBRAS, WHISTLERS OR OTHER CHEAP RDs IN ONTARIO AND THEREFORE NO NEED FOR AN RDR-EQUIPPED RD,
- IF you happen to live in Toronto, Canada’s largest city, Toronto Police uses Ka 33.8 MPH radar units on all their traffic cruisers (marked or unmarked) or H-D motorcycles, therefore NO NEED FOR AN RD WITH BAND SEGMENTATION (BS) IN TORONTO,
- OPP (they patrol all hwys in C/S/SW/SE Ontario) uses K-band Decatur Genesis radar units,
- some police forces (NOT Toronto Police) DO use RDDs in their cruisers,
- b/c of total lack of RDs on Ontario roads, Ontario Cops (Municipal and OPP) don’t have the need to use I/O, C/O everywhere in Ontario,
- there are no strict TINT laws in Ontario, that’s why you can see TONS of vehicles with LIMO tint all around, except the windshield of course,
- IF you know all the “tricks” of the game, you can easily use a Spectre IV-proof stealth RD in Ontario for DECADES, as long as it cannot be seen from outside, that applies to LJs as well.
And now you see why the “rules of the game” widely discussed and never-allowed to be challenged in ANY RD forums out there, DO NOT APPLY TO ONTARIO AT ALL.
Oh, not to forget, for ALL IGNORANT “EXPERT” AMERICANS OUT THERE, do not give stupid advices when you have no clue on the question or subject discussed in a thread like this one for instance:
Entering Canada - Inspections - Escort Radar Forum
Q: "I know there have been previous threads, but none addressed my specific concern, which is the inspection booth procedures when entering Canada".
REAL A: In Canada, Canada Customs (border agents) at ANY U.S. – Canada border crossing have NO jurisdiction over traffic laws in ANY province, border agents do not enforce RD/LJ Laws in ANY Canadian Province, all they are interested in is drugs, illegal firearms and criminal activity/terrorism. You can show-up at ANY border crossing (from BC/WA to NB/ME) with ANY RD in full view in the windshield, or LJs in the front grill, THAT IS NOT ILLEGAL AT ANY BORDER CROSSING, no Canada Customs Border Agents is gonna confiscate your RD and/or LJ. That applies for Ontario as well, there are NO OPP officers at ANY ONT/MN/MI/NYS border crossings. LEGAL to cross the border from U.S. into Ontario with any RD and/or LJ.
That's the REAL answer that particular person should have gotten to his/her simple question and NOT the misinformation that followed then.
Sadly, IGNORANCE and MISINFORMATION is now a virtue in all RD forums out there.