Thread: Stinger VIP

Default Stinger VIP

wonder if any of you have heard of the STINGER trying to make its way into the CM industry..but the price is way more then what i would pay.

Default Re: East Coast Countermeasure Installer

stinger has been around for a while overseas. their us office is just a few miles away form me. Not sure if its a brick and mortar, or if its just where they chose to file for their us sales.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by BHRODEOAZ View Post
    wonder if any of you have heard of the STINGER trying to make its way into the CM industry..but the price is way more then what i would pay.
    I have & have also reviewed some of their public information.Yes,it certainly is pricy & for those w/ very fat wallets.Until it's thoroughly tested by an INDEPENDANT source w/ credible history & resources to do so,one should be very cautious for the present time.

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

Default Stinger VIP

Moved posts to new thread

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BHRODEOAZ View Post
    I have & have also reviewed some of their public information.Yes,it certainly is pricy & for those w/ very fat wallets.Until it's thoroughly tested by an INDEPENDANT source w/ credible history & resources to do so,one should be very cautious for the present time.
    Hope I qualify in your mind RR!

I'm looking forward to reviewing one at some point, but then again, it sounds like they are still working the thing out for the US market.

So I can be patient. But without a doubt at $5K (ouch) before install, we'll all pretty be darn careful. Personally I owe myself a trip to Afrika again and 5 large will pay for at least a third of that.

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 11-02-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Hope I qualify in your mind RR! - Well,you are the famous (or is it infamous ?)hahaha,SpeedTrapHunter so I will answer in the affirmative!

I'm looking forward to reviewing one at some point, but then again, it sounds like they are still working the thing out for the US market.

So I can be patient. But without a doubt at $5K (ouch) before install, we'll all pretty be darn careful. Personally I owe myself a trip to Afrika again and 5 large will pay for at least a third of that. - I would stay the hell away from "West Africa" if I were you,whether you have a HazMat suit or not !!!

VG
    Regarding that trip,if the new & improved Veil G5 lives up to expectations it won't take long before "margin" will allow for a Biz development promo trip to that Continent.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Hope I qualify in your mind RR! - Well,you are the famous (or is it infamous ?)hahaha,SpeedTrapHunter so I will answer in the affirmative!

So I can be patient. But without a doubt at $5K (ouch) before install, we'll all pretty be darn careful. Personally I owe myself a trip to Afrika again and 5 large will pay for at least a third of that. - I would stay the hell away from "West Africa" if I were you,whether you have a HazMat suit or not !!!

VG
    Regarding that trip,if the new & improved Veil G5 lives up to expectations it won't take long before "margin" will allow for a Biz development promo trip to that Continent.
    You beat me to it... (infamous is definitely more accurate. )

I've love Afrika. My favorite places or Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Botswana (with Sud Afrika thrown in for good measure).

Kings Pool is about the most remote place in the world. No roads, no traffic enforcement. But there is the BDF and you don't want to mess with those guys. They don't play. (Then again nor do the Hippos and Lions! )

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Banned

There is some history of the Stinger in EU and down under with Shanetrain and Dinkydink. It does quite amazingly on Low powered K band ( Z35 .16 ms shots) and is showing lots of promise on Ka. Lidar still not tested and remains an
    Unknown. The patch antenna shows great promise and indeed, may be the future of the CM industry. If it comes to fruition, I'd reckon that the Stinger VIP will own the next decade in the business, price be damned. However, as stated above, still needs some testing, lots of testing.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by PointerCone View Post
    There is some history of the Stinger in EU and down under with Shanetrain and Dinkydink. It does quite amazingly on Low powered K band ( Z35 .16 ms shots) and is showing lots of promise on Ka. Lidar still not tested and remains an
    Unknown. The patch antenna shows great promise and indeed, may be the future of the CM industry. If it comes to fruition, I'd reckon that the Stinger VIP will own the next decade in the business, price be damned. However, as stated above, still needs some testing, lots of testing.
    I had a good discussion with MB about the pros and cons of patch antenna designs and my take away from it was that in and of itself being patch design doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be superior in sensitivity to a good horn design.

I also have come to understand that the k-band lane departure systems are utilizing patch antennae.

At the end of the day, it likely is still going to come down to software processing and superior filtering and the big boys have a big head start (and the IP to back it up).

But as you already posted, testing...testing...testing.

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 11-04-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Here's an entertaining TV review I stumbled on from across the pond:

Fifth Gear British Motoring Television Magazine test: Novus Piccolo, Road Angel & Stinger DSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3kaaC9L1s
    Last edited by LodeStar; 11-06-2014 at 09:22 AM.