Thread: Radar possition

Newcomer

Default Radar possition

Hi. Just want to ask question.
    I've seen some cases in that the police orients the radar in a strange position ( Bee III with K band ).
    They orients the radar gun to the back of the vehicle and record the speed of the drivers coming from the back of the police car.

My questions now are the following: This measurement is correct? and Does not influence the reading the fact that the Doppler wave meets objects in the car in the way our (like back seats, rear window [can the defrosting circuit influence?])?

4361508.jpg

This is for front. I've seen they are using this orientated in the picture like it's watching you.

Mobile Installer

Default Re: Radar possition

measurement is correct.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Newcomer

Measurement is correct. The units have multiple modes capable of getting speeds of vehicles traveling towards and away from in the opposite direction and in front of and approaching from behind in the same direction.

Newcomer

Retired LEO here.

YES! Measurement is correct.

Police radar configuration does NOT effect the accuracy of a properly tuned unit.

OkeefenokeeJoe