Advanced Member

Default Question in search of an answer

In our city the blue's seems to know where all the "hot spots" are that set off falsies. It's a real problem using GPS lock outs when they intentionally run Radar & Lidar in those spots effectively crippling my technology. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Kmeleon

Manufacturer

Default Re: Question in search of an answer

Quote Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
    In our city the blue's seems to know where all the "hot spots" are that set off falsies. It's a real problem using GPS lock outs when they intentionally run Radar & Lidar in those spots effectively crippling my technology. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Kmeleon
    Hate to say this, but I would disable lockouts at these locations. Perhaps marking them as speedtrap location would also help where applicable.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Advanced Member

Default Re: Question in search of an answer

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post

Kmeleon
    Hate to say this, but I would disable lockouts at these locations. Perhaps marking them as speed trap location would also help where applicable.
    Thank you for this idea. I neglected to say they rotate traps on damn near all hot spots, so there is really no way of knowing where the threat will be next. I'm curious, however, there must be a variance between police guns and door sensors at banks, pharmacies, WalMart's, etc. A variance of exact frequency, power, pulse, shift (a radio fingerprint so to speak) where future technology can detect the difference between active radar and a door sensor?

On the issue of Lidar, I see no way around marking a GPS spot if that technique is used. Just thinking out loud.

Kmeleon