Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Can one become ticket free?

Would it be impossible or almost, if you have all the best radar detectors, and lasar jammers, and veil, and anti license reading stuff hooked up to your car and radios and scanners and all kinds of stuff to get a ticket?

Power User

There are people who have been ticketed even with the best coutermeasures. Just certain circumstances added together = you got a ticket. Nothing is 100%.

Included in that is #1 reason - USER ERROR.

Lead Foot

well remember..theres instant on radar. nothing cant beat that and you know cant jam that.

Newcomer

Why does rocky mountain radar say they can scramble any radar or any lasar device or they'll pay for your ticket? Is that like a company that once you buy it they never respond?

Experienced

Even with a good countermeasure setup, you are still vulnerable. Instant on, lidar from the rear, under cover cars pacing you, not much can be done about those.

If you want to work that hard to drive fast. Please, please, take your car to your local track and spend the day there. Its lots cheaper than 1 ticket and much more fun.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by RDman7
    Why does rocky mountain radar say they can scramble any radar or any lasar device or they'll pay for your ticket? Is that like a company that once you buy it they never respond?
    Read the fine print. Basicly to sum it up, they do NOT pay the whole fine. If you meet all there requirment you can get back $5 maybe $10 dollars.

Experienced

the trick to not becoming a victim of Instant on radar is to not be all out in the open by your self. stay in groups of cars or atleast make sure you can see cars up ahead of you so that when they get hit with instant on you can pick it up. Otherwise when your out in the open leading the pack your going to be the first to get hit with the radar..then it's ticket time.

I made the mistake of being out by myself out in front and got a ticket from instant on KA band. I had a V1..was my first ticket and only ticket I have ever gotten in all the years that i've been driving since 16.

Nothing is fool proof.. But if you have a car or truck that has good open areas on the front grill for laser jammers and there is a lot of laser in the area than thats the way to go. problem with my SUV is that it has virtually no spots to put laser jammer modules on the front bumper and grill. fortunately laser is expensive, stationary, and is nearly useless in inclement weather, which dramatically reduces police departments using them.

Newcomer

wrong posting area.(ignore)

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor
    Even with a good countermeasure setup, you are still vulnerable. Instant on, lidar from the rear, under cover cars pacing you, not much can be done about those.

If you want to work that hard to drive fast. Please, please, take your car to your local track and spend the day there. Its lots cheaper than 1 ticket and much more fun.
    hmm well theres jammers for the rear also..and theres not too much pacing out there these days i think. but yeh, your never 100% protected.

Power User

Airborn VASCAR, god I hate it! :x