Almost a week ago, the government here in Greece, passed a law that forbids the selling, the possession and the use of radar detectors and police scanners without a proper license (not defined, and I think it will never be so they can prosecute you easily) which exists only for the HAM users (radio amateurs).
I want to ask you, if you have any suggestions about the mounting of my detector(s). Of course we don't have VG2 (I think they had some in the past but now nothing seems to be used), neither Spectres, so the problem is not the detection by an electronic device, but the detection from the officers of the law.
I thought some solutions, but all seem to have problems. Let me be more specific.
1. I place the RD level to the dash with a good view to the front but the windshield mounting is difficult to be removed so it can easily be seen or I won't have the time to remove it.
2. The same as above but a good dash cover (those made from baize / felt) can cover the detector (only the front will be free to scan for threats).
3. I place the RD high on the windshield, hardwired of course, but the problem is the same. It's easily recognized, or difficult to remove in time.
4. I place a dark tint stripe (3M or lumar) on the upper part of the windshield (it's also good for the summer sun that burns here in Greece), the mounting part is placed on the tint stripe and the detector is just underneath. This is not stealth, but it's more difficult to recognize the detector even though the problem with the removal in case of an emergency is still there.
5. I place something like a rubber under the detector, so I put it level to the dash without any mounting at all. It's not stealth if you are close to the LEO, but it's the easiest to remove in such a case. If I could only find such a material (someone in the forum presented one, but I don't remember exactly what it was).
6. Exactly the above with the use of a dash cover which makes the whole installation both stealthy and easy to remove but not so steady as the windshield mounting bracket.
What do you thing of these solutions? Which one is the best according to your professional opinion? Any other solutions are welcome; especially from my favorite co-forum man Jim (is it "ok" to call you like this? I don't remember my English anymore; I don't speak them for years now).
Some things to consider:
1. My car is silver and always very well washed and waxed, so I'm target No1 for lasers (Ultralyte mainly).
2. I use veil in my headlights and a veiled laser shield.
3. I don't own a laser Jammer, but I own 2 RD's, Bel 550 and Snooper S5R.
4. I don't want to use Velcro (I know it's easy to keep the detector steady and it's very fast to remove) cause I don't like the glue in my dash. After all it's obvious I had something in there so the LEO will want to search the car.
Thnx in advance for you time and effort.