Default maxium range of common radar units...Look here!

I have noticed that quite a few of you have wanted to know the maxium range of police radar units. Here they are from Speedzones..

Kustom Gloden Eagle 1.20 miles

Kustom Talon 1.55 miles

Mph Bee III 1.47 miles

Mph Z-25 1.56 miles

Stalker DSR 1.46 miles

Stalker ATR 1.55 miles

This doesn't mean that they are used at these ranges because the police still have to visually identify your car. It just means maxium ranges that the radar is capable of reading targets..(cars)

Speed Demon

Default Re: maxium range of common radar units...Look here!

Quote Originally Posted by stalkervision
    This doesn't mean that they are used at these ranges because the police still have to visually identify your car. It just means maxium ranges that the radar is capable of reading targets..(cars)
    Would that mean the numbers are similar for how far away one could detect it? My guess is you could detect it further since those numbers probably suggest the distance the radar can determine speed, not how far it can reach.

Still very interesting info.... that's a long range!

Manufacturer

some reviewers like carl fors of SML suggest, i believe, a seven times detection range for adequate protection.

all of the big three do this and some of the others do as well.

check out:

www.speedzones.com

the veil guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Default Re: maxium range of common radar units...Look here!

Quote Originally Posted by robert
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkervision
    Would that mean the numbers are similar for how far away one could detect it? My guess is you could detect it further since those numbers probably suggest the distance the radar can determine speed, not how far it can reach.

Still very interesting info.... that's a long range!
    Radar detectors can detect radar far far earlier than this distance due to the fact that they only detect police radar and don't have to be as close as police radar has to be to operate properly..You are right that this distance is due to the fact that police radar has to be close enough to determain speed..

Speed Demon

thanks for the clarification, my friends. I am a fast learner, and picking up a lot from you folks.