Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Hit....

Good Citizen

Default Got Hit....

I live in Iowa - and have turned my X band off - a bad mistake.... last night got hit w. instant on X band. was a ****ty situation.... guess i'll put the X back on - and keep rockin' the V1. Just a warning to all you people out there that got the X off..... might work for now, but might come to kick you in the ass like i did.

P.S. - i am STILL ticket free with the V1, was only going 12 over yesterday , talked my way out of it....

- Jordan

Radar Fanatic

Good job getting out of it. What did you say? And did you stash the detector? Every time I turn off X band someone gives me a reason to turn it back on...

Power User

How did you know it was X band? Did you get a ticket?

Speed Demon

Default Re: Got Hit....

Quote Originally Posted by Clasen24
    I live in Iowa - and have turned my X band off - a bad mistake.... last night got hit w. instant on X band. was a ****ty situation.... guess i'll put the X back on - and keep rockin' the V1. Just a warning to all you people out there that got the X off..... might work for now, but might come to kick you in the a** like i did.

P.S. - i am STILL ticket free with the V1, was only going 12 over yesterday , talked my way out of it....

- Jordan
    This is why i have always said turning off any band is just a bad idea. I will NEVER do this.

Speed Demon

True. You never know.

Lots of talk about X-band only being used in Ohio and NJ so you might think that here in MD you can turn it off. Not so. According to "JammerTests Webmaster":

I have sold alot of X-band radar guns to the smaller police departments in Texas and maryland that don't have alot of money.
    :shock:

I'll leave X-band on and acknowledge it when necessary.

Old Timer

If x band was off.... how do you know it was instant on?

Good Citizen

I can only guess it was instant on X. I didnt have my X turned off.. I was driving on a 55 mph highway at night, a car was moving twords me, i had my cruise set at 68, and he got probably a thousand feet from me and all of the sudden X band lit up on the V1, and he passed and i saw him turn around. The guy was pretty cool, i riped my detector off, and told him it had been a long day and i was just tryin to get home. plus it was only 13 over so he cut me a little slack and told me to drive safe.

- Jordan

Newcomer

Hell, I've seen X-band in FL. Driving by a weigh station on I-10 between Jax and Tally, and there were more DOT units than usual. The V1 saw X about a mile beforehand, and it wasn't there on the return trip (or at any other weigh station I've ever been past). I'm sure they were only after truckers, but radar is radar.

Radar Fanatic

You know I've seen enough reports of X-band in use by real cops outside of ohio and New Jersey to make me think that perhaps the common knowledge that those are the only two states using those bands is bs.

I don't know where this "party line" came from, but I hear everyone saying it but there seems to be lots of encounters saying it simply isn't true.

Lead Foot

:shock:

Howdy group,

Just finished a trip from northern Illinois to south central TN and back.
    Total milage: 1237

Radar: 25 Ka 10 K and 2 X band.

State with more units running radar:
    Southern Illinois I 24 (5) and I 57 (4)

Traffic speed sign: Kentucy I 24 near Cadiz K band

All the Ka and K bands where state or county units.
    The X band units small towns police, instant on and at point blank range.
    One K55 and one Speedgun Magnum

Units in construction zones:
    Illinois: 4 Ka and 5 K
    Tenneesee: none

Used either a 8500 (none x50) or a new V1.8 with pop.
    Falses, one laser from V1 and one Ka from 8500.

Only used one at a time and then turned on other to verify signal.

take care,

spin