Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Day one of x50 vs v1

got my v1 today...went for 120 mile trip to compare it to my x50.
    Placed it 5 inches away from x50, high mount. Did not seem to effect eachother at all during the trip.

V1 is really a nice looking detector. This thing is really built. A lot of thought went into this, and it is built to last...very substantial. The windshield mount is great....more substantial than the x50.

v1 = advanced logic mode
    x50 = auto mode

city driving: v1 falsed on x and k bands like crazy. Arrows were going everywhere. At times there were 7 bogeys. X50 stayed silent about 60% of the time when v1 was falsing. The other 40% of the time, the x50 would go off, but not with such a high signal strength as the v1, and the x50 did not stay alerted to the falses as long.

Freeway driving: Occasional rare false by the V1 k and x band. Occasional flase pop on the x50. Found one cop on the freeway heading towards me. I was doing 75 mph. The x50 alerted me to Ka, and went to full strength in about 5-6 seconds. The cop was coming over a hill toward me on the oppistie side of the frwy. The V1 did not chirp at all. Not one signal blip!! This really worried me. How can the V1 miss a pure constant on Ka??? Is it from my settings?? I have no idea. It does not make too much sense...but there it was as plain as day!!

My initial impression. The v1 is nearly useless in the city. V1 plainly missed a constant on Ka band. No false pops on V1.

This is only my initial impression...ill keep going for several days, and let you guys know what else I find. Things might change, im sure.

Any comments or suggestions?????

Power User

Find a constant on stationary source, like one of the signs that tells you your speed. Run each detector at the sign with the other turned off. Of course for the test to be accurate it would have to be the same time of the day and the no traffic when testing them. That will test K band. Ka band will be harder to test seperately unless you find a stationary cop with constant on Ka and no traffic.

Radar Fanatic

Ignoring the Ka source might have been due to the close proximity of another detector. (Even a high-quality one.) There's a false alarm guard on Ka that works by looking for different harmonics, and it might have been confused if there was strong enough interference from the X50. That's just a guess, though. But to be safe I really wouldn't run them side-by-side like that.

Advanced Member

spead them out a bit more 5 inches seems a little close

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Yeah, when you're testing multiple detectors in the same vehicle, never run them in filtered mode (use Highway on the X50 and 'A' on the V1.) Also get them a long ways apart, like opposite corners of the top of the window.

Founder of Stealthvation

Bottom line is DO NOT test them on the same vehicle at the same time. There is a reason why V1 has a "J" feature that get triggered from other detectors miles away let alone inches away
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Ill keep that in mind and spread them apart.
    In the meantime...i find it odd that the v1 will flase without difficulty, but not alert to that police ka. All things being equal.

Professional

wow. what a superb and objective test.

im trading my v1 in tomorrow.

Speed Demon

Brent

Old Timer

Will you ever contribute use to the forum? :roll: