Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats Up

Experienced

Default Whats Up

Ok some bells rx 65 sell for 275$ some 329$ why some sell so high and some sell so low. And the ones that sell high or low I have look both have great user transcations with the company they bought it from. Whats up. I'm thinking about getting a bell for a christmas present for my cousin.

Yoda of Radar

329 is the MSRP price. As you know from buying a car, MSRP means very little in regards to what you actually pay, eg a GM car with a $25 000 MSRP will cost you only about $12.50

Belscort only allows the MSRP price to be advertised, so that's why so many show the 329.

Banned

Call up Roy. He won't charge you MSRP.

Advanced Member

i have seen some detectors to sell for a better price here and there not on this site but most likely they are not from a licenced dealer which might viod the warrantee

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

What does roy charge then if it aint 329

Banned

You have to call roy and talk about it. I can't speak for him and he surely won't write in on this board because he's required to post the MSRP.

Chris

Experienced

God i feel like I'm buying a d amn car. I already own a bell 65 which i paid 275 for now if i go through some one who is certified I have to have a nice long conversation with roy. so i have to dicker with him to get him to lower the price is that how it goes. How about I send him a postcard while I'm at it :wink: . I mean even on cars they show MSRP and then they show the reduce price on the car. Why cant he show and appox. To me if he shows 329 on the order form. And he charges me something else then thats false advertising I think and that goes into a whole nother realm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000d
    God i feel like I'm buying a d amn car. I already own a bell 65 which i paid 275 for now if i go through some one who is certified I have to have a nice long conversation with roy. so i have to dicker with him to get him to lower the price is that how it goes. How about I send him a postcard while I'm at it :wink: . I mean even on cars they show MSRP and then they show the reduce price on the car. Why cant he show and appox. To me if he shows 329 on the order form. And he charges me something else then thats false advertising I think and that goes into a whole nother realm.
    If you think you're going to feel pressured on the phone why don't you just email him for a quote?

Chris

Good Citizen

yea i got by x50 for only 235.00 from <DELETED>

Advanced Member

Please don't post sources for purchasing radar detectors other than radarbusters.com. Thanks!

Jim