Default I'm Very Excited To Get My Red Screen Radenso Pro SE In Soon. I'M Very Confused On Se

I'm Very Excited To Get My Red Screen Radenso Pro SE In Soon. I'M Very Confused On Settings. I Want It To Be Like A Redline XR. I Understand X Off Except New Jersey Turn ON,K Band ON Should This Be Narrow Or Wide If Have K Band? KA Should Be NARROW OR Wide? Also See Alot Off K Band 24.076. Area From Cars Blind Spot Systems. Should TSR Be On Low Or High? Have Alot K Band SO Don't Want Loose Performance. Auto City Would You Do X4 K2 KA 0 Have A lot K Band In My Area. Should I Run Highway OR AUTO CITY? What SPEED IS GOOD 20-35? RDR Off Pop OFF Laser on. Any Other Ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7qtywZM50
    complated set up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10DL_UlAnDk

Default Re: I'm Very Excited To Get My Red Screen Radenso Pro SE In Soon. I'M Very Confused O

Quote Originally Posted by Electronicdude View Post
    I'm Very Excited To Get My Red Screen Radenso Pro SE In Soon. I'M Very Confused On Settings. I Want It To Be Like A Redline XR. I Understand X Off Except New Jersey Turn ON,K Band ON Should This Be Narrow Or Wide If Have K Band? KA Should Be NARROW OR Wide? Also See Alot Off K Band 24.076. Area From Cars Blind Spot Systems. Should TSR Be On Low Or High? Have Alot K Band SO Don't Want Loose Performance. Auto City Would You Do X4 K2 KA 0 Have A lot K Band In My Area. Should I Run Highway OR AUTO CITY? What SPEED IS GOOD 20-35? RDR Off Pop OFF Laser on. Any Other Ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7qtywZM50
    complated set up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10DL_UlAnDk
    I recommend:
    X Off (except NJ and OH)
    K narrow
    Ka narrow,
    TSR Low
    Pop OFF
    Laser ON
    AutoCity Mode
    AutoCity Speed Limit 20.....40 (no alerts below 20, reduced sensitivity between 20 and 40 mph)
    City Filter X3 K3 Ka0 (30% sensitivity reduction on X, 30% on K and 0% on Ka band)
    Minimum speed for radar alerts: OFF

Everything else as per your preference

Default Re: I'm Very Excited To Get My Red Screen Radenso Pro SE In Soon. I'M Very Confused O

with k and ka on narrow can it miss really cops?

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Electronicdude View Post
    with k and ka on narrow can it miss really cops?
    It hasn't been my experience. If you are in a state like PA where K is used heavily, perhaps try K wide, but in my encounters, narrow seems just fine.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

I just received two SE detectors- set up was a breeze.

Radar Fanatic

The current firmware version of SE is 20 with a new firmware update coming in about a month or so I was told by Michael. This update will address some K/Ka falsing. It was suggested that if you have currently firmware version 20, that you keep on the "Ka Guard Filter"

Newcomer

The Radenso Pro SE is one of my favorite detectors. Like you, I have to experiment around on the settings, especially things like X band and K Band. Here in my home town I discovered the police were on KA band, but there is one patrol car that uses K Band. Also, in very small towns here in Tennessee, there are still some police running X Band believe it or not. When people say X band is not in use, they are not taking into account the small towns and counties, who can not afford to 'move up' in equipment, and end up buying or having donated, some of the older radar units from other departments. You will find also that occasionally some radar guns are not tuned correctly and are just a little out of band. I personally do not cut on lasar because if it goes off, I know I may as well just pull over because I have been captured.
    All that being said, you probably have found the SE is fantastic on range.
    My suggestion is to read comments and suggestions. Make it a hobby and buy yourself a 12 volt outlet plug where you can sit inside your home, and change your settings, then go out and experiment where you drive the majority of the time. In time you will get it within a 90% window of protection. Enjoy your unit. I have the Uniden R3, the Radenso Pro, along with the SE and XP, all purchased through Radar Busters, and You can't go wrong with any of them.
    Last edited by ColonelRHS; 09-03-2017 at 11:49 AM.