Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Grrr! Dents in my roof! =(

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr! Dents in my roof! =(

so yea, i come out of the Keys (club next to Pi Nightclub where my car is parked) and my friend Ryan runs up to me and says, "dude, someone just ran over your car" .. well i was picturing something crazy.. but he meant on foot. i always park right in front of Pi (my fav club) cus i like to think the bouncers kinda keep an eye on it. well apparently fortunately they do. i guess some drunk idiot from out of town came out of Pi and ran up my hood, windshield, over my roof then was caught by surprise when he saw my spoiler, tripped over it and landed on his head. the Pi bouncer immediately ran over there, grabbed a hold of him and flagged down a cop. the cop threw him in the squad car, saw Ryan and told him to go find me. there is one dent on my roof about 8" around and a half-inch deep, right above my driver-side door. so cool that they caught the guy cus now i can get some nice estimate for him, then my buddy kobe can fix it.

the drunk dumbass had a Texas ID (I live in WI) and Ryan said when he saw him in the back of the cop car he was crying. f'en guy, somehow that makes me feel a little better.

we found 2 more dents (3 total) and i got my estimate for the roof damage from Van's Honda-Mitsubishi.. $1,176.96

yikes!! as hard as we looked we couldn't find any damage on the bumper, hood, trunk or spoiler =P

i just called the PD and they told me there probably will be a hearing, maybe this guy did more than just run over my the top of my car? i dunno. anyways, she said if i talk to the municipal court before that hearing i can inform them of the restitution i'd like to be paid (the estimate) and they can order restitution for damages.

apparently they can't give me his phone number till a few things go through, it would be nice to just call him and say, "look, give me a grand and you won't hear from me or my insurance company".. otherwise i'm sure i could sock it to him for gas and time of getting an estimate, the repairs, then rental car while my car is repaired, emotional distress, who knows. but oh well, we'll see. she said i should call the officer when he starts his shift at 10:30pm.

Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

thats to bad. Funny about him falling on his head though.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:23 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh my gosh that sucks so bad and is so funny at the same time! I love the caution sign, good work!
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:24 PM

why did he run over your car? Was he running away from someone else, or just thought your car looked ricey or something?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

I want a shirt with that pic on it!!
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Time to go to AMS get a carbon fiber roof
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha thats funny... happy they caught the guy... at least you'll make out good from the ordeal..
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Oh god, that icon is over the top. I love it.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks. I watch some dumb *** do that to a 100k lambo. I dont get how people think thats funny
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

call your insurance... then call AMS and get a cf roof put in
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

it's funny cus he fell on his head. got the police report, his birthday is the same as mine and he's exactly one year younger than me. you'd think at 25 you'd know better. he was just doing it to show off in front of his friends. i didn't even know the guy.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

gotta love the drunks and american legal system..

~Chug
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

i think the funny part is... the jackass thinking hes just gona waltz over someones car and jump off.... lil did he know........ i wish he split his head wide open when he hit the ground.... lucky for the OP that he wasnt wingless or owned an RS... lol huge mitsu wing ftmfw!
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Evo General just got 10,000x cooler. Sorry to hear about your car getting damaged, but I loved hearing about your car getting damaged. The wing always survives. Always.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 03:17 PM

lol i read this on widsm.org eairlier today. Still worth reading twice, sucks about the car but funny about him falling on his head hahaha.

Quick Reply: Grrr! Dents in my roof! =(