Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by jeff d
    Given the possible limited life of this technology coupled with the fact that it may not work in other states that I'll drive through I think I'm going to look at just getting a CB. See my other thread:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...?p=22731#22731

Is my under standing correct that I'll have to load all of the frequencies into the scanner for my area and then if I travel to another state I'd have to look up their frequencies and load those up for each state that I'd travel to?

This seems like a lot of trouble for someone who's not particularly interested in listening to every radio transmission from police in the area in the hope of hearing something usefull.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I would hold out till christmas. A new digital scanner is coming out. Plus I heard its going to be cheaper. Loading new frequencies is easy! Uniden and radio shack scanners come with computer hook ups. So when your switching states you just load that file for that state.

I say get a satellite radio and cb and cruise. Police are pretty seaking when it comes to saying stuff over the air. I think a cb will be better entertainment.

Speed Demon

Default Pro-96 or Bc246t

I think the best place to figure out you local and national freqs is RadioReference.com. In so far as CB I like the Magnum 257 and the Delta Force.

Speed Demon

Default Scanners

For the money, the Pro-96 can't be beat. Digital, Sensitive, and 11 folders to hold all the scan groups.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by jeff d
    Is my under standing correct that I'll have to load all of the frequencies into the scanner for my area and then if I travel to another state I'd have to look up their frequencies and load those up for each state that I'd travel to?

This seems like a lot of trouble for someone who's not particularly interested in listening to every radio transmission from police in the area in the hope of hearing something usefull.
    The BCT-8's bear tracking warning system only works through their pre-programmed freq's for each state. You will not have to load all the freq's in their, just change the state.

The alert system does not work with the trunked systems, only in HWY mode.

Professional

Default Re: Scanners

Quote Originally Posted by vw242
    For the money, the Pro-96 can't be beat. Digital, Sensitive, and 11 folders to hold all the scan groups.
    I agree. It's the first digital scanner I've owned and I'm happy with it.

I scan the local analog EDACS trunked system, and the state's digital Motorola system with it often. The V folders and computer interface make it idea for travel, so you can load banks in or out.

The alpha tags, selectable attenuation, and tone squelch also made it great at the race track.

Ed