Good Citizen

Default Small car Huge antenna...what to do?

Well, I hope this isn't a question already asked. I looked about a bit to see and found nothing so here goes. I have a '94 Cavalier and I'm thinking about getting a scanner and or CB to accompany my X50 and the ZR3 that I plan to buy. Love the idea of knowing what's going on around and in front of me. However, like I said, I have Cavalier and I'm not really too fond of a huge antenna on a car regardless of how clunky I already think the car looks. Is there scanner and or CB I get get or a smaller antenna that would be sufficent? I'm more partial to the boxy in-car type scanner over the handheld, but either will work.

Speed Demon

I would recommend this Valor antenna for you.
    http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...ants/1190.html

It is only 13.5 inches tall and looks like a cell phone antenna. Very incospicious and unnoticeable. It covers a range of 100-1200 Mhz so all cops will fall in that range, making it perfect for a Beartracker uniden unit such as the BCT8 or 15.

However it is useless for CB and Low band. CB starts around 25Mhz. To get a range that low, you NEED a tall antenna. The Lil Will is the smallest GOOD CB antenna, and that is 37 inches tall I believe.

You really can't get a good CB antenna unless you get something tall.

Good Citizen

Thanks! That helps a lot. I wasn't so much interested in the CB since I kind of figured you'd say what you did.