Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default CB lingo question

I have heard "has anyone seen my dog?" asked on ch. 19 quite often and was wondering if there is any meaning behind it or is it just someone thinking they are being funny?
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Good Citizen

Hadn't thought about it but a "bird dog" is a radar detector so I thought it referred to a radar detector using car being used as a rabbit for a trucker but I'm probably way off.

ADDED;
    dog = Greyhound bus

Hmm, Lots of bus drivers misplace their buses? Doesn't make sense.
    http://gwally.com/directions/pdf/cblingo.pdf

Lead Foot

Default Re: CB lingo question

Quote Originally Posted by Ray
    I have heard "has anyone seen my dog?" asked on ch. 19 quite often and was wondering if there is any meaning behind it or is it just someone thinking they are being funny?
    I would have just asked him, what do ya mean by dog?

Professional

maybe it's a new term for lot lizards

I have no clue what that means. Should have ask him. That is going pretty far outside of the normal CB lingo you can find online and on the CB itself. Just be careful when you say you have a bird dog. You will have every trucker asking if its a clean shot up ahead. Or several of them get right behind you.

Old Timer

Default you

You also never know who is listening in on the other end of the CB? Some LEOS have CB's in their cars.

at one time I would say your 100% correct. That some Leos have CB's in their car. But from talking around. Very little if any Leo has a CB in their car now. If they did they would be on channel 9. Channel 9 is just about nonexistant as a emerg. channel now and dont expect to get any help from the channel anymore. Their might be a few cases you might but its nothing like it use to be.

Radar Fanatic

About 17 years ago some friends and I were taking a trip to the mountains and saw a State Trooper coming up along side of us. My detector keep alerting to X band so we figured we would break out the CB turn to channel 19 and alert other drivers going south bound. After we gave the alert, we saw the trooper slow down and look at us directly out of his window. Then we saw him grab his Mic and key up. Then we heard " You boys don't be giving out false bear reports " It scared the !@#$ out of us.

True story.

Lead Foot

My buddy is a truck driver that had a leo pull up next to him and CB'd him to pull over. He got a ticket for having tints on his driver side window haha

They only use it from what I've been told to talk to truck drivers, since they are listening to their radios, watching their radar etc.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Orbital75
    About 17 years ago some friends and I were taking a trip to the mountains and saw a State Trooper coming up along side of us. My detector keep alerting to X band so we figured we would break out the CB turn to channel 19 and alert other drivers going south bound. After we gave the alert, we saw the trooper slow down and look at us directly out of his window. Then we saw him grab his Mic and key up. Then we heard " You boys don't be giving out false bear reports " It scared the !@#$ out of us.

True story.
    That must have been so embarassing! I would hate to be in that situation.