Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default WHY I LOVE THE CB!!!

So today at about 5:30pm was driving on 401 (the main road btwn Detroit and Montreal) on my way home, as always freaking crowded (ask me why :roll: ) when heard a voice over the radio asking for directions to some particular place, knowing pretty much everything that runs and exists in my area I just jumped myself on the radio starting to ask the other voice "what's your 20 driver?", got a quick answer from him also got it right away that he was American by the accent, he was initially interested to know where to get into the 401 collectors to finally get off at Morningside, still about 10 miles from his place where he was at that moment, anyhow, I started to list some of the main exits before the Morningside exit telling him where he should move into the collectors from the express lanes where he was at that moment, while talking over the radio he mentioned he was from Houston, TX, and he had a pretty strong JR Ewing accent anyhow, while both driving east bound my exit was supposed to be about 3 exits before his BUT as I know myself as in no way a freaking asshole I asked him again about his 20, after that I took the decision and over the radio I just said "he big Texan guy, I'll take you there, I will wait for you just south of Morningside, don't forget to turn right, that's south, on Morningside" he said big THANK YOU, being a 4-wheeler I got off 401 to Morningside about 5 min before him, then I got on the radio with "hey big Texan, as soon as you turn right on Morningside you will see a Sunoco gas station on the right side, I'll be there waiting for you to take you right to your place, what color is your truck?" he said "white cabin with a very shiny tanker trailer" like the ones that carry milk, but he was an 18-wheeler, anyhow, as soon as I saw him down on Morningside I got off the gas station while talking to him, he said "you stay in front of me" which I did, then I took him all the way to Lawrence Ave, left on Lawrence, than thru some residential street, Manson, turn right on Manson (telling him that Manson is right after a Toronto Public library), I got on Manson before him, lots of traffic lights and he got red after I passed one intersection, we kept contact over the radio, waited for him on Manson St, then took him right to 2 Manson St where at the dead end street was the entrance into a big plant with fully secured gates, security guards at the gate, he thanked me again, of course I asked him "what a hell you're doing up here on the Memorial Day weekend?" he said that he had no choice, he had to do this run but right after the unload straight back to Texas, also he said this was his very first trip to Canada!!!, anyhow he got inside the plant, the gate closed behind his truck, I honked my horn, he waived his hand as in thank you very much, then I realized I had a very detailed 2003 GTA mapbook (I got 2008 mapbook in my car plus the Garmin so no need for the 2003 anymore), I turned back, drove right by the gate and when I saw him outside his truck just called him, he came by the gate, gave him the mapbook telling him where to look into it to get back to 401 and then US, we shook hands wishing him a very safe ride home and Happy Memorial Day, he thanked me again, a 30 yo young fellow in semi shorts and t-shirt... and that's it, I felt nice by helping a hardworking fellow road warrior , didn't care that I got home maybe 20 min late, no big deal plus I helped somebody who has never been in our area before... and that's why I LOVE USING A CB IN MY CAR, I'M IN LOVE WITH MY CB

Sorry for the long post

Radar Fanatic

lol wow. you guys take driving as wwaaaaayy to much of a hobby. i just want to go from point a to point b.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by bunny
    lol wow. you guys take driving as wwaaaaayy to much of a hobby. i just want to go from point a to point b.
    ...quickly...

Radar Fanatic

exactly

Radar Fanatic

I always take pride in helping somebody who IS in need of help, ANY kind of help, in this case a little bit of $$$ for gas and my own time BUT I always feel spiritually awarded after doing something positive in my life... and that's why I will never ever have anything in common with a liberal (aka a narcissistic person)...

Good Citizen

I agree it falls under that good karmha thing. your situation is about the only reason i have a cb anymore..

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by f86sabjf
    I agree it falls under that good karmha thing. your situation is about the only reason i have a cb anymore..
    But also it helps a lot on the open road for road blocks, construction, debris AND, obviously, smokey alerts, 24 hrs a day, anytime you have lots of truckers around you...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RW'07
    I always take pride in helping somebody who IS in need of help, ANY kind of help, in this case a little bit of $$$ for gas and my own time BUT I always feel spiritually awarded after doing something positive in my life... and that's why I will never ever have anything in common with a liberal (aka a narcissistic person)...
    Very good point. I love to help out people whenever I can... Damn Liberals think this means welfare....

Radar Fanatic

The very latest NAVTEQ 2009 NA City Navigator NT (Garmin uses NAVTEQ maps) released about 3 weeks ago does NOT have the last segment of Manse Rd (south of Copperfield Rd), about 1/4 mile, where the plant the Texas driver was looking for is located BUT that segment of Manse Rd is shown on my 1998 Perly's mapbook (the printed edition)!!!

The new 2009 Garmin/Navteq NA City Navigator costs $70 but I have no reason to buy it as long as they are not fully reliable, I've been using the very previous map that came with the Garmin 350 I bought this Jan...

http://www8.garmin.com/cgi-bin/mapge...&rz=0&k=1&sc=1

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RW'07
    i do too. it is bashing ignorance from others on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by f86sabjf
    Only good karma I do on the road is, let people in when they signal, signal to other drivers around there is a cop behind me looking for speeders (flash my high beam, etc), and so on.