View Poll Results: Witch unit is more logical for Me?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • BC394T

2 40.00%
  • BC246T

3 60.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Speed Demon

also if you have not been here yet...this thread is dealing with the 246t.

Good luck with it

http://www.radioreference.com/forums...ead.php?t=1077

Advanced Member

What type of radio are your cops using. I will explain you through the steps of close call once you tell me the frequency I'll let you know how mine is set up
    Menu > Close Call > Set CC Bands

I run:
    low VHF - OFF
    Air Band - ON
    VHF high - ON
    UHF - ON
    800MHz - ON

Then still i nthe Close Calll menu i go to 'Set CC Mode' swith that on

My alert i have is to beep and flash the lights. Also on my Road Trip frequency list i wehtn through each frequency that is extremely important and Set the Prioroity ON as well as the alert....You can not set prioroity on trunked systems

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Did you mean BC396T instead of BCT394T?

Banned

sorry about that i ment the 396t im going to return the 246T when i can find someone that will not lie about having it in stock again and send it out insted of putting me on a waiting list and chargen me for something i dont have till god knows when! so other then that looks like a good scanner tho the Capture range could be incresed abit but like i said maybe its me anyway thanks guys all you guys are vary supportive 110% of the time.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    sorry about that i ment the 396t im going to return the 246T when i can find someone that will not lie about having it in stock again and send it out insted of putting me on a waiting list and chargen me for something i dont have till god knows when! so other then that looks like a good scanner tho the Capture range could be incresed abit but like i said maybe its me anyway thanks guys all you guys are vary supportive 110% of the time.

The 396 was a huge hit with Uniden and a bunch of folks pre-ordered it. Even some that pre-ordered it was waiting. Are you trying to purchase it from a certain place? If not then I can give you some reputable places to order it from......havent searched them to see if its in stock or not, will do if you want me to.

Banned

well i was going to order from master scanner then from this other web site then usascan they all seem to be out ebay is selling them but i dont trust e bay due to what i know and how unsecure it is i was upset that master scanner charge me the whole thing i would have been fine if they took out a deposit but they took out the shipping everything i was upset with that known after i was thinking i was going to get it i get an e mail saying im on a waiting list so the ending of that was i cancel the order and told them i would take my biz else where and they should take off the whole we have it back in stock on there site how do i Conv Scan on this thing without Quick Search?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    how do i Conv Scan on this thing without Quick Search?
    Look up the freqs you wanna listen to

That is pretty much your only option...the quick search feature. If you know the freq you wanna listen to, do a search on what is around you.

In quick search, write down freqs that are being talked on if it is interesting...then go look it up to see if its worth programming

Banned

This Tow Truck Driver pissed me off to day i asked him what freq. this side of harris county works and he said some shyt about i cant tell you that i said its public safety and he said that !great! and then commented that why i have to have a lics to listen to them i was like ok whatever and drove away dumbass liar probly got a lics to use his radio not scanner