hi everyone. i just bought this pro 2039 radio shack scanner. it a 200 ch 800mhz well the thing is it will scan all the freq. but i never hear nothen on the 800 and 900 . they are not lock out. i see a L in front of the freq. L is for Lo i think. and not sure how get in Hi Freq i went to radio shack pro 2039 page and it didnt say nothen about changing the band. it did say. Follow these steps to search for active frequencies.
1. Press PGM, then LIMIT. LO appears on the display.
2. Using the number keys, enter the lower limit of the frequency range.
NOTE: If you enter an invalid frequency in Step 2 or 4, ERROR appears on
the display. Simply repeat the step.
3. Press ENTER, then LIMIT. HI appears on the display.
4. Using the number keys, enter the upper limit of the frequency range.
5. Press ENTER.
6. Press UP arrow to search from the lower to the upper limit, or press
DOWN arrow to search from the upper to the lower limit. -L-, SRCH,
and UP or DOWN arrows appear on the display.
7. When the scanner stops on a transmission, press MON to store the
frequency in the current monitor memory, or press UP or DOWN arrow to
continue the search.. OK. i seen HI but not sure how change that. i tryed push enter after i seen HI. no luck. i tryed push limit again goes back down to LO. if i use the arrow to scan it go back to L and freq. any advice. thanks..