Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro-97?

Radar Fanatic

Default Pro-97?

im thinking about getting it. does anyone here have it? anyone know how good it is? thanks.

Radar Fanatic

I've never heard of a Pro-97. Do you mean Pro-78 or are you talking about a new model?

Radar Fanatic

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=20-527

shoudve stated that it was a Radioshack. sorry.

Radar Fanatic

Ahhh...my bad. I thought we were talking about Whistlers which use the same naming scheme. Nevermind!

Advanced Member

The Uniden 246t is the same price and holds more channels also it it smaller and has the 'Close Call' feature which will alert you of radio's used close to you

One negative i heard was hard programing but most people look towards Uniden for analog scanners

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

I own one and it is fantastic...especially if your an aviation bough like me...but I still have never heard any laser traps yet.

Cheetah Rep

overall i like mine. it does analog, digital, trunking, cb (listen only), weather and a bunch of other stuff. plus you can program it with a computer if you want, using a program like win96.

i still haven't had time to really program all the folders and fine tune it, but i've used it on the highway and have had a heads up several times to what was going on and who was where.
    even around town you can hear where traffic stops are, and if you start hearing several in the same spot, it's a good bet someone's running something there.

probably the one thing i wish it had was something like the "close call" feature.
    the key to this or any scanner is getting all the frequencies in it and organized for your area, and other areas you may travel.

Professional

If i had the money I would have bought the 96.

Radar Fanatic

i got a BC246t today. now i just have to go through the process of how to work the dam thing! crazyVOVLOrob- what the easiest way to just put in a frequency?

Advanced Member

My Uniden 246t saved me a ticket in NY from an under cover

I heard an undercover officer mention he was behind a Van doing 80+....At this point i was in a group of cars doing in the 90-100 range(man i am stupid some times, but i trust my gear)....I slowed down to 70-75 than I saw a van fly by me a mile later and soon was followed buy a blacked out Tahoe with some interesting antenna's. I caught up pacing a safe distance constantly looking in my rear view. I see a car coming up in my lan extremely fast 100+ i switch lanes to not interfear..marked officer told the tahoe to move and then i get a Ka alert and see his lights flip on...

I was going around up a hill and I get a close call alert and it's a NY trooper. I let off the gas and see a trooper in a U-turn spot opposite direction.... My scanner with an external procomm magnetic antenna is a miricle worker.....I can't wait till i add my new CB to the mix

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96