Power User

Default Uniden weather CB vid

Pretty cool feature! The tone sounds and you have to switch it from "CB" to "WX" to hear the report.

At first I thought, "WTF? laser? Nuclear attack?"... Then I remembered the new radio.

Now I got all kinds of crap beepin' at me

This may come in handy at night...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75mYgNGdsH8]YouTube - Uniden PC68LTW[/ame]

Advanced Member

Default Re: Uniden weather CB vid

My handheld VHF and the VHF in my dad's boat both do that. I didn't really want that feature on my CB

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Coincidentally I just got one of these on e-Bay. I'm glad you posted about the alert tone because I probably would've ended up on the side of the road digging out my registration waiting for the LEO to pop out of somewhere with my ticket.

rc

Yoda of Radar

Jesus Christ! I guarantee you that pants have been crapped over that sound!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

GOSH DANG!!! That's annoying!!!

My Uniden B996t scanner has a low tone siren thing that got a WTF (but wasn't anywhere as near as harsh) when I heard it for the first time in almost a year during the statewide test a few weeks ago, first instinct was to check the mirror then I looked down and the had Wx on the scanner and heard the inital broadcast. I've also got weather alerts in my GMRS, FRS, and handheld backup CB radios. To have one that's non reliant on a wall charger is pretty smart, as long as you've got the option to turn it off if you choose.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins5 View Post
    Coincidentally I just got one of these on e-Bay. I'm glad you posted about the alert tone because I probably would've ended up on the side of the road digging out my registration waiting for the LEO to pop out of somewhere with my ticket.

rc
    Did you get the PC68LTW or the Elite? I kind of wish I had the elite because the it has better backlighting and I think you can "read" the knob positions in the dark. I think you'll like either one, it's a really nice radio. Big difference from the "little plastic" CB's. Most of the reports I get back from other operators is "sounds real clear or clean" etc. Had a guy the other night about 3 markers ahead said it was "pegged to the red" Mic gain 3/4, power mic on 7...

I was talking to another guy the other night and we were both dialing in our radios. He had a Connex something or another. Really loud but it had a lot of distortion or something (Maybe over-modulated?). It started out squeeling but he got that adjusted out. Even when he got it about as good as he could it still sounded strange. Very loud though...

The WX tone isn't actually that loud. I heard the tone and flipped it to WX and that's most of what is heard on the vid. You can switch the WX completely off so it won't tone. That's probably how I'll run it after the new has worn off and just switch it on when the weather looks bad (Which happens quite a bit around here)

Sorry for the long post but there isn't much info on these radios out there.