Advanced Member

Default Road trip report - Utah to California

Forgot to post this last week. Maybe due to lack of anything.

Anyway, I drove with 'first time' carrying CB on board. There was a lack of trucks on the road so most of the trip was silence on the CB. Large sections where I had empty road ahead. Also little traffic enforcement. My detector alerted just twice in the first 500 miles of the trip. I did talk to truckers in opposite direction, but not many.

The most interesting part of having the CB was going through Wells, Nevada. A female voice over the CB was advertising 'specials' at the local (legal) bordello. I wish I had a tape recorder of that !

I got much more info once in California. A lot of truckers reporting bears, though not necessarily on my route of travel. Also accident report of a roll-over.

Overall, the CB was entertainment only, at least this first trip. Will see how it goes over time.
    Last edited by OpenRoad; 12-27-2009 at 12:22 AM.

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Good Citizen

Default Re: Road trip report - Utah to California

Sounds like a fun road trip. Maybe in the future the CB will save you... You should have takin' the Wells Nevada exit!

Default Re: Road trip report - Utah to California

Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad View Post
    The most interesting part of having the CB was going through Wells, Nevada. A female voice over the CB was advertising 'specials' at the local (legal) bordello. I wish I had a tape recorder of that !
    I've heard advertisements for truck washes and oil changes, tire repair and cb repair, but never for a brothel! Not openly anyway. I've never been through Nevada either so maybe that's why.

It sounds like enforcement was pretty light on your trip. Count yourself fortunate. I've no doubt your radio will prove its worth many times over before all's said and done.