Default a trunked digital scanner with a police prox alert

does anyone know of any digital trunked scanner with the police prox. alert? like the BCT-8 10 and 12 has? for a decent price?

Advanced Member

BC396t is a digital trunked scanner with close call feature...thaty is what you are looking for

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

Default Re: a trunked digital scanner with a police prox alert

Quote Originally Posted by austinsevo
    does anyone know of any digital trunked scanner with the police prox. alert? like the BCT-8 10 and 12 has? for a decent price?
    Unfortunately, a digital scanner with the "Highway Patrol Alert" feature does not exist. And the "Close Call" feature won't give you anything even close to what the "Highway Patrol Alert" does.

But the good news is, with a little work and research, you can program almost any scanner with the mobile extenders, simplex tac freqs, etc that are used by the Highway Patrol Alert and essentially have the same thing.

Jim

i just ordered the radioshack PRO-96, any suggestions where i could figure out how to program a highway patrol feature?

Advanced Member

FInd all of the mobile extenders, simplex tac, car to car, etc etc freqs for your state. These are normally 5W instead of the 25W the mobile radios are, and the signal will travel for a much shorter range.

You have to pay attention: if any of these even break the squelch, then that means there might be a cop around....

If you want to know more about how this works, there are some more posts on here about it...

Jim

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    FInd all of the mobile extenders, simplex tac, car to car, etc etc freqs for your state. These are normally 5W instead of the 25W the mobile radios are, and the signal will travel for a much shorter range.

You have to pay attention: if any of these even break the squelch, then that means there might be a cop around....

If you want to know more about how this works, there are some more posts on here about it...

Jim
    That's a good idea! That way if they go encrypted you can still detect them with a break in the squelch. The scanner would not be totally useless. You would have a "police radio detector" tuned to the repeater input frequencies.

GTO_04

Good Citizen

I have a BCT-7 that I would be willing to part with. Does not have trunking though.

Quote Originally Posted by mplsfalls
    I have a BCT-7 that I would be willing to part with. Does not have trunking though.
    how much?