Thread: FT-90

Good Citizen

Default FT-90

Does anyone know someone who wants to sell a FT-90. I used to have one and it was a lemon. But I regret not buying one when I had a chance to get one at Radio City when they were closing them out. It would match the color in my wifes car and will fit perfectly. I am sure you guys know how important color cordination is for women. "yes Dear" the secret words to having a long marriage. I've lasted 11 years.

Radar Fanatic

j/w but what is it? ive never heard of it.

Advanced Member

It is a very small ham transceiver with wide receive. I kind of wanted one for a while. I keep hoping Yaesu will replace it with something even better...

Jim

Good Citizen

I would agree with the replacement. I am hoping that Yaesu will come up with a transciever that is capable of receiving the digital APCO-25.

Newcomer

How about the VX-1R or 2R? They are very small. Sensitivity was not so good, but you can't have everything with a small HT.

It can't receive APCO 25, but it does get the VHF, UHF, and AIR bands. It can go up to 900 MHz.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by shmget
    How about the VX-1R or 2R? They are very small. Sensitivity was not so good, but you can't have everything with a small HT.

It can't receive APCO 25, but it does get the VHF, UHF, and AIR bands. It can go up to 900 MHz.
    I have a VX-2R. I even wrote software for it :wink: :
    http://www.kc8unj.com

Advanced Member

ALthough I am not advocating doing this, just pointing it out...

How about the VX7R? The expanded TX mod opens up FM broadcast if you are really looking for some interesting experiences with a transceiver...

Personally I love my 7R, I just absolutely HATE the Yaesu belt clip concept! Hated the 5R, and hate the 7R, and still don't have a reasonable replacement!