Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default CB a MUST in EVERYONES Arsenal!

Guys I have been using my CB for two days now and I must say I dont know HOW I ever did without one ESPECIALLY all of the interstate trave4l that I do! This CB is a GEM for having speedtraps detected MILES ahead of time. To me a CB is THE BEST countermeasure there is! I am AMAZED!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

on a long trip do you always have to change frequency for every county/city you pass?

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    on a long trip do you always have to change frequency for every county/city you pass?
    Nope just keep it on channel 19. Channel 19 is all you need to keep your CB on. It is not like a scanner where you have to change the frequency

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

what CB would you reccomend?

i am going on a 4 hour trip this weekend and it would be nice to have one or at least test one

how do you know how far ahead the trap is? do they use mile markers or exits name/number?

Founder of Stealthvation

what CB would you reccomend?

i am going on a 4 hour trip this weekend and it would be nice to have one or at least test one

how do you know how far ahead the trap is? do they use mile markers or exits name/number?
    They will say something like this "smokey on I480 mile marker 136 westbound". I bought th eMidland 75-822 aka 75-820. I LOVE it. I paired it up with a Wilson 1000 antenna. They also have the Wilson 5000 but all that does is allow you to use more transmiting power.

buyradardetectors rocks!

Founder of Stealthvation

I will take audio and video of how a CB anounced speedtrap sound like tomorrow. Once people see this everyone will want one

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

what is the diff between a cb and a scanner?

with a scanner can you leave it on 1 channel on a long trip?

what retail store would i find cb's or scanners?

walmart have em? hehe

Professional

WOW, it amazes me some of you guys don't know what a CB is. I didn't realize they had fallen out of favor so LONG ago. ops: I guess I am dating myself.

I can certainly see having a CB as a complement to the rest of our ECMs...especially when taking into consideration the stealthiness of lidar! Hey, every little bit helps if your wife will permit you to listen to the non-stop jawing that goes on!

What do contemporary CBs look like? Anything decent out there?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    I will take audio and video of how a CB anounced speedtrap sound like tomorrow. Once people see this everyone will want one
    Damn it I was going to do that on my next trip on the interstates....Well now I will be able video some speed traps with my new camera

CBs are the sh*t I plan on taking photo's of my set-up today.

I decent set-up for CB would run under $115 [Uniden 510xl (tuned and peaked) & Wilson Lil Wil]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Happy i am gald you like you CB you will soon cut more time off your trips with a CB added to your arsenal!!!! V1, laser jammer, scanner, and a CB.

what is the diff between a cb and a scanner?

with a scanner can you leave it on 1 channel on a long trip?

what retail store would i find cb's or scanners?

walmart have em? hehe
    A CB is a Citizen band Radio and it can transmit and recieve (26.965 MHz -- 27.405 MHz)! A CB is what truckers use to communicate with each other....Also with a CB you can call for help on Channel 9(which police monitor), great if your Cell phone doesn't work! Truckers usually stay on ch 19 and warn other of traffic, cops(bears, smokeys, kojaks, "one", DOTs, etc.), accidents, and how to get around traffic jams!

A scanner you can listen to police audio or CB(IF YOU HACE A LARGE WHIP ANTENNA!!!)...I have been scanning awhile on my trips to and from school and I really haven't been saved from any tickets which just a scanner...Scanner you will have to change the frequencies you are listening to if you go to different areas.

You can purchase a CB or scanner at Radio shack, maybe some walmarts carry CBs. Make sure you have a good external antenna for a CB if you want good range. Radio Shack give you 30days to try their stuff, so buy a CB and a whip antenna they got and give it a shot listen to Ch. 19 the unoffical trucker channel

Here is a link to my most recent CB-saves so you can get a basic idea of the information i get. Read my experiece. The CB saved my friend and I a laser ticket and saved me from getting rear-ended and rear ending another car!
    http://www.radardetector.net/Trip-on...Trap-6627t.php

I don't I could ever drive on interstates without a CB!

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

What is the BEST concealed antenna so I can setup my wife with one? She does not want an antenna "hanging" off her car so the only way i can sneak a CB in her vehicle is to put an antenna in the back of her SUV

buyradardetectors rocks!