Thread: ny scanner use

Radar Fanatic

Default ny scanner use

its illegal here i know...(in ny)

i just got a pro-97 and was wondering if its going to be of any use here? i've heard that leo here uses analog so im guessing it would work. from the reading i've been doing, im wondering if i would be better off with a pro-2051 since it has the highway alert feature. i've also read that the pro-97 is just a handheld version of the pro-2051. bottom line is that im confused. i rather a handheld b\\c they are illegal so i figure this pro-97 is good but im wondering if im going to get use out of it as far as listening to hp and local pd.

so would the pro-2051 better suit my needs? :?: :?:

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: ny scanner use

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack

i just got a pro-97 and was wondering if its going to be of any use here? i've heard that leo here uses analog so im guessing it would work. from the reading i've been doing, im wondering if i would be better off with a pro-2051 since it has the highway alert feature. i've also read that the pro-97 is just a handheld version of the pro-2051. bottom line is that im confused. i rather a handheld b\\c they are illegal so i figure this pro-97 is good but im wondering if im going to get use out of it as far as listening to hp and local pd.

I believe the Pro 97 is the handheld version of the Pro 2055 NOT the Pro 2051
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

Default Re: ny scanner use

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack

I believe the Pro 97 is the handheld version of the Pro 2055 NOT the Pro 2051
    it's hard to say both the Pro 2055 and 2051 are triple trunking scanners like the pro97 with 1000 chanels....And both the Pro 2051 and 2055 have signal stalker, but only the 2051 has the HP alert

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

so what i really need is a handheld with the Highway Patrol Alert feature. Is there such a thing?

i am debating whether to return my pro97 for a pro2051....im just not sure if it will work...does anyone know how well the Highway Patrol Alert feature works in this area?