i've been inspired by crazyvolvorob and i'm interested in getting a new uniden PRO510XL CB. its quite inexpensive and would be good for me since i'm only starting out with CB's. anyway, i've got a few questions about it:
1) would it be best to get it right off of uniden's website?
2) i'd assume that it comes with all the required stuff like an antenna (i know the one that comes with it isnt the greatest) and microphone/speaker, correct?
3) how do you power the unit? does it use a cigarette lighter adapter or does it require hardwiring?
4) what would be a good smaller antenna that i could get? i dont want my parents to be suspicious of a huge honkin whip antenna on my trunk, plus they'd probably think it would scratch the hell out of my car, eventhough i know it wouldnt
5) what is the "mounting bracket" thats on their website under accessories? would this be something that i could use or would be good to use?
6) anything else you'd reccomend that i do or get with this?
thanks a ton!