Radar Fanatic

Default Do the cops monitor Ch 19?

So, do the "alligators" listen to discutions on ch 19 or any other CB radio channel? If Yes, which one?
    Just curios :wink:

Advanced Member

I sure they have but i hardly see many cops with big CB antenna's any more!... If you hear something like smokey with ears means they have a CB....If they monitored the CB they would be moving so much they wouldn't have time to write speeding tickets!!!!!!!

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    I sure they have but i hardly see many cops with big CB antenna's any more!... If you hear something like smokey with ears means they have a CB....If they monitored the CB they would be moving so much they wouldn't have time to write speeding tickets!!!!!!!
    10-4 Rob... so they need their own CB with a big antenna... I think that regular cops aren't much into this, but the commercial "cops" (in Ontario they have their own vehicles and belong to the MOT) have all reasons to listen to what truckers are talking about...

Professional

Default Re: Do the cops monitor Ch 19?

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    So, do the "alligators" listen to discutions on ch 19 or any other CB radio channel? If Yes, which one?
    well to answer your question Yes! they do atleast some do here in tulsa,ok. most cops have a wilson 1000 antenna if they do have a cb radio. come to think about it its been sometime snice i seen a cop with a cb in his car down here they listen to catch folks that start problems on the cb. offtopic!
    there was this guy called dritydan and man i am happy what they hread him say he wantted to burn my house down he was nuts!! .and bambam in OK city went to jail for for sometime he used to play music on the cb and would lock and block signals from many miles away but the FCC shut him down good :wink: anyway dont be :shock: if you see a cop with a cb radio in his car.

Carlito

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Do the cops monitor Ch 19?

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    well to answer your question Yes! they do atleast some do here in tulsa,ok. most cops have a wilson 1000 antenna if they do have a cb radio. come to think about it its been sometime snice i seen a cop with a cb in his car down here they listen to catch folks that start problems on the cb. offtopic!
    there was this guy called dritydan and man i am happy what they hread him say he wantted to burn my house down he was nuts!! .and bambam in OK city went to jail for for sometime he used to play music on the cb and would lock and block signals from many miles away but the FCC shut him down good :wink: anyway dont be :shock: if you see a cop with a cb radio in his car.
    Carlito
    10-4 Carlito... and thanks a lot for your own real-life details... good you are ok now BUT how cops (or FCC) can TRACK DOWN one particular CB radio in a see of CBs, hundreds or thousands of truckers with CBs driving around, any idea about this issue :?:

Advanced Member

i can track down a trucker by signal stregth reader on my cheap CB i would imagine a cop or FCC might have a better set up

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

i can track down a trucker by signal stregth reader on my cheap CB i would imagine a cop or FCC might have a better set up
    There is no signal strenghts differences within, let's say, 1/4 mile, and within this distance, on a busy freeway like 401, daytime, you always have an average of 8-10 trucks in both directions... you gotta listen and in the same time see the driver (or passenger) talking on the CB's mic, otherwise you cannot stop somebody just by guessing, that's about cops on the road... but what I'm curious about is if FCC (this is in America, in Canada I don't even know if somebody really enforces the FCC-like rules) have a way to track down bad CB behaviours, do they have the technology to listen and record your bad talking as a proof for future court trial???

Professional

yes this is how FCC FINES YOU its done with a signal s meter but they have better electronics. tho its really easy to find someone when they are keying there cb radio for a very long time meter will be peged out i track bad guys all the time with my cb radio that start stuff. reason why is to be safe on my side. u guys should hear the mess on 19 its really bad at times sometimes?here 8)

Professional

There is no signal strenghts differences within, let's say, 1/4 mile, and within this distance, on a busy freeway like 401, daytime, you always have an average of 8-10 trucks in both directions... you gotta listen and in the same time see the driver (or passenger) talking on the CB's mic, otherwise you cannot stop somebody just by guessing, that's about cops on the road... but what I'm curious about is if FCC (this is in America, in Canada I don't even know if somebody really enforces the FCC-like rules) have a way to track down bad CB behaviours, do they have the technology to listen and record your bad talking as a proof for future court trial???
    yes when someone wants you to go down they useally record your voice that is what happen to these guys down here that got taken down. on my cb radio i can record over air voice for 1 min it can bedone to any cb radio $is like 50 to get it installed but very good i usally playback all the mess i hear on channel 19 so they can hear how stupied folks sound when they act dumb on the cb radio they get really mad