Radar Fanatic

Default THIS CB/WILSON5000 IS REALLY GREAT!!!

So 10 days with my new system, Midland 75-820 CB Radio and Wilson 5000 antenna, after finally got rid of all static between calls (you gotta KNOW how to adjust the SQL button): I am able to hear CLEAR calls up to 20 (TWENTY) MILES AWAY 8) I can't believe it how far away the signal can go And this CB is so small but so goooooooooood
    And these truckers, they talk about almost everything, women, politics, sat radio (pro/against H. Stern), their business (pro/against unions), they HATE drivers that do not respect the rules of the road (lane changes with no signal, driving slow in front of them, no taillights in the dark, etc.) AND they curse a lot... but I think this is part of life on the road, especially when it's just you, the open road and... a CB radio to talk to strangers
    I recommend everybody who is a lot on the road to get a CB and a good antenna :wink:

Advanced Member

Nice glad to here it worked out...

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

Great man we did not want to stir you wrong
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

My only problem I had to set-up this system was my lack of experience working with such radio, I had no idea what squelch really means, so if you don't adjust this sql knob exactly where all bachround noise (a.k.a. static) dissapears all you will get in your car is just a crazy punk-rock concert but if you know how to work with the sql (I didn't before but I DO now) the whole radio becames your true friend, a very devoted partner for the open road :wink:
    So far I don't have a mic (this CB didn't come with one) but as soon as I get a chance to get one I will and start giving myself real-road traffic updates... drivers help each other all the time 8) :wink:

Thank you all, Rob, happya$$ and all others, for your info, opinions, impressions that made me get one of this in my car :wink:
    And btw, I don't care what people think seeing my HUUUUUUUUUUUGE whip on top of my car, but I'm pretty sure the most knowlegeble ones will figure it out right away what I really carry on my roof, a Wilson5000, the most powerful CB antenna in the world, and the most expensive in its class... so let them :roll: :shock: as much as they want... and I will carry on getting traffic updates from everybody with a CB around me :wink:

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    My only problem I had to set-up this system was my lack of experience working with such radio, I had no idea what squelch really means, so if you don't adjust this sql knob exactly where all bachround noise (a.k.a. static) dissapears all you will get in your car is just a crazy punk-rock concert but if you know how to work with the sql (I didn't before but I DO now) the whole radio becames your true friend, a very devoted partner for the open road :wink:
    So far I don't have a mic (this CB didn't come with one) but as soon as I get a chance to get one I will and start giving myself real-road traffic updates... drivers help each other all the time 8) :wink:

Thank you all, Rob, happya$$ and all others, for your info, opinions, impressions that made me get one of this in my car :wink:
    And btw, I don't care what people think seeing my HUUUUUUUUUUUGE whip on top of my car, but I'm pretty sure the most knowlegeble ones will figure it out right away what I really carry on my roof, a Wilson5000, the most powerful CB antenna in the world, and the most expensive in its class... so let them :roll: :shock: as much as they want... and I will carry on getting traffic updates from everybody with a CB around me :wink:

Yoda of Radar

EXACTLY! :wink: