Newcomer

Default Okay, I just got a Radio Shack Pro 97

I just got one, and I have all police and fire stations programmed from all the cities I drive through. But, I dont know how to make it so I can change to a certain bank with each city. I have like 40 different frequencys all setup in the same bank, and I dont know which one is which (when auto scan the banks). How do I list them in differant banks. And, when they are all in seperate banks, how do I only auto scan 1 certain bank instead of scanning through the many differant banks? ?? Im a total scanner noob!

Founder of Stealthvation

Good choice. The Pro 97 is a GREAT scanner
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Newcomer

Okay awesome! I now know how to program differant cities into differant banks. But, now.. When I press "Scan" it scans through all the banks. How do I change it so it only scans a bank that I want it to scan and only that bank?

Advanced Member

i never dealt with the Pro 97 but my bc246t you can make each bank accessible by a number key or "quick-key" and then each bank has internal groups which have their own quick key...and from there i select what i want to listen to. If i want to listen to my county police trunked syste, I would press 1. If I want to listen to the local county convential freq. i'd press 2 then funct. 1....I could go on forever kinda hard to explain

Look for a way to desinate a number to each band i am sure the pro 97 allows that

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

I had an old Radio Shack scanner and to set the banks I wanted to hear all I had to do was press the bank number while it was scanning. So if I wanted to hear just bank 1 if I pressed 1 it would just scan channels on bank one. All there models should be the same.

Power User

Default Re: Okay, I just got a Radio Shack Pro 97

Quote Originally Posted by Atriety23
    I just got one, and I have all police and fire stations programmed from all the cities I drive through. But, I dont know how to make it so I can change to a certain bank with each city. I have like 40 different frequencys all setup in the same bank, and I dont know which one is which (when auto scan the banks). How do I list them in differant banks. And, when they are all in seperate banks, how do I only auto scan 1 certain bank instead of scanning through the many differant banks? ?? Im a total scanner noob!
    I have a 97 as well and know 2 others who do also. To turn a bank on or off just press the corresponding number. If you want bank 1 off then hit number one. If it is on already the number will go off. If it is already off then it will come on.

Professional

I get great air-traffic with my -97! Have fun

Advanced Member

Not sure if you are familar with rebanding, but you had better hang on to the receipt from that purchase and look into the 800MHz rebanding for your area.

The only Radio Shack scanners that will be able to have the CPU reflashed after rebanding are the 96 and 2096. I own a 96 and I love it, wouldn't trade it for anything, and if you hesitate to spend $500 on a scanner, I can tell you how to get it for cheaper (legally).

Seriously, look into if any agencies in your area will be rebanded. A search of the FCC General Menu Reports lets you find out what agencies have applied for rebanded licenses. Check and double check, or else that scanner just became the most expensive paperweight you've ever bought.

And if you do buy a 96 or 2096 that needs to be reflashed, I know someone who owns a Motorola shop and has the ability to do that for you for free if you mail him the radio, just ask me.