Good Citizen

Default Should I get a amplifier for my cb????

I plan on getting a cb radio real soon (uniden PC68XL) and a little wil magnent mount. I was just wondering what ya'll would think of about getting an amplifier for it. Good idea or bed idea? Any suggestions on what kind I should get or the wattage I should get? Anyone think I could possible get about 10 miles with all that? I'm kinda thinking about a Palomar 250 Elite HD. Would that be alright? Any ideas and or suggestions would be great! Thank you!!!!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Should I get a amplifier for my cb????

Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004
    I plan on getting a cb radio real soon (uniden PC68XL) and a little wil magnent mount. I was just wondering what ya'll would think of about getting an amplifier for it. Good idea or bed idea? Any suggestions on what kind I should get or the wattage I should get? Anyone think I could possible get about 10 miles with all that? I'm kinda thinking about a Palomar 250 Elite HD. Would that be alright? Any ideas and or suggestions would be great! Thank you!!!!
    I don't think that everybody around here, Rob, happya$$, carlito... and now myself... uses an amplifier for the CB... but I cannot speak for them... with my system I get a very clear signal (that's trucker talk) up to 20 miles away, I repeat 20 miles of VERY CLEAR signal, but over 20 miles I am still able to hear them but obviously not so clear... I think the antenna makes all the difference... why don't you get a Wilson5000, I know it's superbig but I've already got used with it... and who the hell cares what other drivers around you think about you :roll: YOU are the one way better-off than them, they cannot hear what YOU are able to hear (road blocks, speed traps, accidents, immediate weather/road conditions, etc.) :wink:

Speed Demon

Get a Magnum 257 and you will not need an amp! http://www.premiere-electronics.net/...numradios.html

Speed Demon

Get a Magnum 257 and you will not need an amp! http://www.premiere-electronics.net/...numradios.html
    Better yet, get the Delta Force. It can hear and be heard.

Professional

Yes! you should be ok with that type of amp just dont go any bigger!cause then you might have problems missing with your rd like setting it off alll the time when you key up and electronic stuff in your car stuff like that
    i also like that cb pc68xl very good cb one more thing when you do set this up make sure to turn down your cb watts to 1 or 2 watts at the most deadkey 4 watts is a little to high for that amp unless you run on low on your amp but is best to tune your cb to your amp bye a good cb shop
    you should talk like 20 miles or a little more with that easy.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    Yes! you should be ok with that type of amp just dont go any bigger!cause then you might have problems missing with your rd like setting it off alll the time when you key up and electronic stuff in your car stuff like that
    i also like that cb pc68xl very good cb one more thing when you do set this up make sure to turn down your cb watts to 1 or 2 watts at the most deadkey 4 watts is a little to high for that amp unless you run on low on your amp but is best to tune your cb to your amp bye a good cb shop
    you should talk like 20 miles or a little more with that easy.
    ok i did not see that its a highdrive amp then you might be ok with a 4watt deadkey comeing out of your cb radio but if you do tune your cb to your amp like a 2 watts deadkey and swing 18 watts then thats even better!!

Good Citizen

Those magnums are sick, how do you make them function as a cb, dial in the frequencies manually???

Speed Demon

Speed Demon