Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default little wilson or Wilson 500???????

ok, i'm in a little situation. I need some help on deciding on which antenna i should get. Should I get a little wil or a wilson 500? Now before people start tell me. Heres the situation. If I get a little wilson I would put it on my roof. If I get a wilson 500 i would put it on my trunk. So basically in a sense both tips of the antennas would be at the same height. So i need to know which one would perform better. A little wil on the roof or a wilson 500 on the truck.

Now please people, dont tell me to just put the wilson 500 on my roof, or to just get a wilson 1000 or 5000. I have a very small car, I dont need a huge antenna on my car stickin way up in the air. So please just pick between the two options for me. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Advanced Member

Wilson 500. Is a better antenna no matter where you mount it.

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

I pick the Lil Wil on the roof(small enough to put inside when not in use) . The Wilson 500 on the roof might have been better but on the trunk it will be less effective. Do a google search and you will see why they build center loaded "trucker" antennas where the center load and whip clear the roofline.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: little wilson or Wilson 500???????

Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004
    Now please people, dont tell me to just put the wilson 500 on my roof, or to just get a wilson 1000 or 5000. I have a very small car, I dont need a huge antenna on my car stickin way up in the air. So please just pick between the two options for me. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't get it, do YOU want the CB/antenna for yourself OR for other people on the road :roll: Don't you buy the system to alert YOU against any speed traps, road conditions, etc, all comming from truckers' chat... if so, why do YOU care so much about what others see on top of your little car :roll: you should care about YOU, first and foremost, and NOT what others see on you :wink:
    My Wilson5000 gives me an at least 20-mile range of very, very clear signal, and a fairly good signal up to 30 miles... and I have a small car as well :wink:

Professional

ok, i'm in a little situation. I need some help on deciding on which antenna i should get. Should I get a little wil or a wilson 500? Now before people start tell me. Heres the situation. If I get a little wilson I would put it on my roof. If I get a wilson 500 i would put it on my trunk. So basically in a sense both tips of the antennas would be at the same height. So i need to know which one would perform better. A little wil on the roof or a wilson 500 on the truck.

my opion i would buy the wilson 1000 you will be very happy i 100% u will like it alot. the 5000 model is just for folks that run heavy power it handles more power but the same antenna as the iwslon 1000. i have buddy that has a geo metro with a wilson 1000 and he has no problems ew

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    my opion i would buy the wilson 1000 you will be very happy i 100% u will like it alot. the 5000 model is just for folks that run heavy power it handles more power but the same antenna as the iwslon 1000. i have buddy that has a geo metro with a wilson 1000 and he has no problems ew
    Where I bought it from, near Toronto, Canada, the 5000 was only C$50 more expensive than the 1000 one, so no big difference in price, that's why I bought the 5000 and not the 1000...

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    Where I bought it from, near Toronto, Canada, the 5000 was only C$50 more expensive than the 1000 one, so no big difference in price, that's why I bought the 5000 and not the 1000...
    where at in Toronto? I'm interested in buying one myself.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by P.T.
    where at in Toronto? I'm interested in buying one myself.
    Durham Radio, Whitby, Ontario

Newcomer

I drive a subaru and I have a 1000 on the roof. The point of the high antenna is to get out and get signals in from far. I would say if you get the same height from both mounting locations the lil on the roof the 5 on the trunk. Go for the lil, it'll cost less and mounting in the center of the roof is the best place to mount. Any wilson you get will be good quality.

Good Citizen

I don't get it, do YOU want the CB/antenna for yourself OR for other people on the road :roll: Don't you buy the system to alert YOU against any speed traps, road conditions, etc, all comming from truckers' chat... if so, why do YOU care so much about what others see on top of your little car :roll: you should care about YOU, first and foremost, and NOT what others see on you :wink:
    My Wilson5000 gives me an at least 20-mile range of very, very clear signal, and a fairly good signal up to 30 miles... and I have a small car as well :wink:

I'm getting the cb/antenna for me. ME!!!! My car is hooked up for show, and has a little go. I dont want to see a huge antenna on my car. I am choosing the antenna, not no one else. And I'm not getting it for anyone else. And I could probably bet you that my car is smaller. Either way I DO NOT want a huge antenna on my car. Its my car and I'll be looking at it all the time. But thank you all for your comments. And I will post a picture of my car with the antenna when I get it. (give me a couple of weeks) I'll take pictures of it, along with the cb and my radar detector.