Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: BCT-10 Scanner

  1. #1
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default BCT-10 Scanner

    Is this a decent unit?

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  2. #2
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    I have one (and a couple of 12s)...

    What it lacks that the BCT12 has is:

    -800MHz coverage

    -In the BCT12 you can turn off the highway patrol alert. This is nice if you want to scan and listen, with the alert on you get a "pause" in the audio every few seconds while it checks the priority freqs. But in the BCT10, you can still hit "HOLD" and hold on a freq you want to listen to without the audio pauses.

    -No weather alert

    In the BCT-10, you can select the range for the highway patrol alert where only stuff above signal strength 5 triggers an alert, the BCT12 doesn't have this.

    If you want the highway patrol alert, this is a decent unit for that. Most of the alert freqs are in the 150 and 460 MHz ranges, I don't think there are any in 800MHz. But for scanning and listening, IMHO the BCT12 is better.

    Jim

  3. #3
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    I don't really need it cause i got a scanner at my house but i thought it would be cool for long road trips, but it's illegal in so many places

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  4. #4
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    I don't really need it cause i got a scanner at my house but i thought it would be cool for long road trips, but it's illegal in so many places
    You live in new york. Most of the state is digital. You need a digital scanner.

  5. #5
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    wv
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Would you be willing to sell one of your bct12's?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    I have one (and a couple of 12s)...

    What it lacks that the BCT12 has is:

    -800MHz coverage

    -In the BCT12 you can turn off the highway patrol alert. This is nice if you want to scan and listen, with the alert on you get a "pause" in the audio every few seconds while it checks the priority freqs. But in the BCT10, you can still hit "HOLD" and hold on a freq you want to listen to without the audio pauses.

    -No weather alert

    In the BCT-10, you can select the range for the highway patrol alert where only stuff above signal strength 5 triggers an alert, the BCT12 doesn't have this.

    If you want the highway patrol alert, this is a decent unit for that. Most of the alert freqs are in the 150 and 460 MHz ranges, I don't think there are any in 800MHz. But for scanning and listening, IMHO the BCT12 is better.

    Jim

  6. #6
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrphotoman
    Would you be willing to sell one of your bct12's?
    No, I want to hang on to them. Check ebay...

    Jim

  7. #7
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    23

    Default

    on my way up to ithaca via 81 i've picked up some highway patrol in pa and ny on the bct12.
    i've also an old bct7 unblocked cellular, that i've not used in 8 years or whenever they came out with it!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Best digital scanner prices of 2009-2010 - Radio Shack Scanner Sale
    By StlouisX50 in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB's
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 09:45 AM
  2. Just got my new GRE PSR-500 Scanner
    By Eleggua in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB's
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 10:53 PM
  3. CB or Scanner
    By bentandbroken in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB's
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
  4. GRE 500 Scanner - Pro-97 too?
    By Eleggua in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB's
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 12:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •