Thread: RS pro 197 VS uniden scanners
- 09-17-2009 06:51 PM #1
RS pro 197 VS uniden scanners
Hello i would like to buy another digital scanner,I already have a pro 106 and i really like it . But was thinking of getting another digital scanner. I have my choice down to 3 scanners i really like .
1 Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT
2 RadioShack PRO-197 Scanner
3 Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Scanner
In my area my local PD and FD are digital Indiana safe - T and my favorite channel i like to listen to is Project 25 Standard. Im looking for a scanner with the most features and best performance for p25? So my question is what scanner is the best out of the list of 3 i have made ?9500ix hardwired
Garmin 765t with phantomalert
Iphone 3g with trapster
Radio shack pro 82
Radio shack pro 106
Glock 30 w/ night sights under the seat
- 09-17-2009 08:19 PM #2
Re: RS pro 197 VS uniden scanners
Your best bet is going to be to go to RadioReference.com and look over the forums there, where they discuss this constantly. They have hashed it out exhaustively, and you can get a good idea of what's what there pretty quickly.
I am biased to Uniden, and don't have any experience with the current Rat Shacks. But the differences are pretty subtle, and important mostly only to hardcore technical scanner geeks.
- By alpinestars_2002795 in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB'sReplies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2008, 09:59 PM
- By Walking Tall in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB'sReplies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
- By i8yourv8 in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB'sReplies: 15Last Post: 08-26-2006, 03:35 PM
- By crazyVOLVOrob in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB'sReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2006, 01:29 AM
- By jeepthesouth in forum Scanners, Ham Radios, & CB'sReplies: 8Last Post: 08-09-2005, 10:07 PM