Default refurb 8500 visor mount/organizer install (98 accord)

I wanted to put this above the rvm using the visor mount in the headliner, but I couldn't get it level, the map lights are there too which got in the way, so I gave up and decided to put it on the visor.

I made it sort of stealth so I don't have to worry about leaving it in my car. The organizer is a $6 one from autozone. I added an extra velcro strap and a bit of fabric/velcro for the flap. I covered the front since it shouldn't effect radar, and laser isn't so useful.

I want to add a kill switch, but I'm waiting until after my cb is installed because I may have to move the mute thingy.

Any thoughts? I am kind of worried about temperature issues leaving it there (not much airflow...), but otherwise I think its ok. I still had to jam a folded up piece of paper between the visor mount and organizer to get it level (the visors themselves are not level).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yoda of Radar
    Dallas, Texas

Default Re: refurb 8500 visor mount/organizer install (98 accord)

Nice job! I love seeing people engineer their own solutions out of available materials, MacGuyver style!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob