Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default My REVISED STi-R/Blinder M47 install on 2003 Buick Century (Stealthmobile)

After our jammer meet here in Buffalo back on 5/1, I decided to move all 4 M47 heads up front. As a result, I had to relocate the STi-R antenna from its previous location. Have a look-see:

This one may be a bit clearer:

I still have a little tweaking to do...next round I should have MUCH better results!

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: My REVISED STi-R/Blinder M47 install on 2003 Buick Century (Stealthmobile)

Will be JTG for sure. How are you liking the STI R?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Default Re: My REVISED STi-R/Blinder M47 install on 2003 Buick Century (Stealthmobile)

No more rear protection??? Front looks awesome!!!
    Last edited by wolfpacal; 05-12-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Experienced

Wow, you weren't JTG with just two Blinder heads and that completely black, veiled front end?
    No worries now with four heads though.

Yoda of Radar

Couple of points:

1. I personally would have left it the way it was. I think the front was good enough and now, if you get tagged from behind, you have absolutely no protection.

2. This is why LI is the choice for us enthusiasts. Blinder always keeps you wanting for more. It takes four Blinder sensors to equal two LI sensors, so there's more pieces to mount and potentially go bad. Blinder sensors are larger and more intrusive. Blinders must be mounted almost perfectly to perform well. On most cars, there's no way to mount four Blinder sensors on the back, so protecting the back with Blinders is sketchy. It usually takes an LI to protect the back, so why bother with Blinders for the front?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    Will be JTG for sure. How are you liking the STI R?
    I hope so. Just got the STi-R back from Beltronics after an extended stay for the ramp-up fix. MUUUUUCH better rampup now!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacal View Post
    No more rear protection??? Front looks awesome!!!
    Thanks! Yeah, I was a little concerned after our meet with some of the numbers, so I figured I'd try it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by andycj7 View Post
    Wow, you weren't JTG with just two Blinder heads and that completely black, veiled front end?
    No worries now with four heads though.
    Not sure what happened during testing, especially against the PL II and PL III...freaky PT numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    Couple of points:

1. I personally would have left it the way it was. I think the front was good enough and now, if you get tagged from behind, you have absolutely no protection.

2. This is why LI is the choice for us enthusiasts. Blinder always keeps you wanting for more. It takes four Blinder sensors to equal two LI sensors, so there's more pieces to mount and potentially go bad. Blinder sensors are larger and more intrusive. Blinders must be mounted almost perfectly to perform well. On most cars, there's no way to mount four Blinder sensors on the back, so protecting the back with Blinders is sketchy. It usually takes an LI to protect the back, so why bother with Blinders for the front?
    I thought so too. However, as I mentioned above, I was a little concerned with the results I experienced against the PL II and III (I see the PL III here in my area), so I decided to move all heads up front. Regarding rear LIDAR, that one experience I had I attribute to scatter. I am not too concerned with rear hits for now, as NY has never shot from behind. Eventually I may pick up another M27 or (if funds allow) an LI Dual for the rear. With the 2 Blinder heads in the rear I was pretty much JFG.

Newcomer

Very nice setup!
    So I'm not the only one who cutted a piece out of the grill to install the sensors

Mobile Installer

lookes good
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Professional

I'm finding that getting the heads installed REALLY well has been a bit of a chore. Anyone know where I can get a good set of LI brackets? (hope this doesn't go against forum rules)???

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I'm finding that getting the heads installed REALLY well has been a bit of a chore. Anyone know where I can get a good set of LI brackets? (hope this doesn't go against forum rules)???

I don't have a clue who sells those separately...
    PM Cliff maybe?

I don't think it is against forum rules in this case especially... now that Cliff/LI have joined the RB.COM club!

After all: Now that LI is on-board RB.COM if need be he will just send you with the forum member discount for the items through RB.COM (even if they may not be listed there)!
    Last edited by AirMoore; 05-13-2010 at 07:02 PM.