Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Acura TL LI Quad HP/STI-R/Valentine One Install

Quote Originally Posted by Woodscolby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    The TL's are stealthy to begin with, now that's what i call good overkill! Nice install too.

Where is your STi-R antenna installed? And do you use band seg & RDR?

The antenna has been behind my bottom right grill for the past 6 months. I have noticed no difference in sensitivity from my last install which it had a clear view of the road. I have Ka segmenting 2,5,8 on, Pop off, RDR off, and Laser off.

snoopyc4

Nice install. With the LI HP, you might accidentally blind the Allen PD spokeswoman next time she shoots you... too much power.

Newcomer

nice job!

Newcomer

I got my LI and my Laser Atlanta Speedlaser-R yesterday in the mail so this morning I went ahead and installed the LI. My dad and I tested both of us shooting 3 passes for each side on normal mode and stealth mode without a reading past 60ft on the rear doing 25MPH. Neither of us got a reading on the front shooting for plate or headlights. The two blinders on front were on when tested and did not hurt the power of the LIs when the LA was used. I will just use them to tell me which side of the car I am being shot from with them. I need to go wash my car now, the front is covered with electrical tape slime from pulling the top two blinders out. Special thanks to Cliff for the discount on the LIs.
    You gave me a great idea. My Infiniti M35X is white, and the rear LI HP I want to install would really drawer attention by the VA staties, so I'll paint the license plate well area Flat Black, add some black pin striping across the trunk to pull it all together.

Pictures always help, Thanks so much. Would love to see some better shots of the front mounting.

Radar Fanatic

Your better off being patient for the Laser Tamer to be release as your in a banned state.

Newcomer

How did you run the wire to the rear license plate? Also, are the license plates covered at all? I would like to mount my blinders there however I'm afraid of LEO giving me a ticket for covering the license plate. I've seen them give it to people with license plate frames.

Professional

I drilled holes in the trunk next to the license plate lights then ran the wires through that and siliconed the holes shut. Removed the fabric off of the trunk lid and ran them down the trunks arm on the drivers side with the other wires. They come out through a grommet behind the rear left passenger side door pillar which I removed, then removed the floor covers up to the drivers side to where I could run them through the fuse box and under the dash where the interface is mounted. I attached the heads with 3M mounting tape which I bought at NAPA. The back is level, you just have to make sure that the heads are straight seeing as the trim curves outward.

Radar Fanatic

I drilled holes in the trunk next to the license plate lights then ran the wires through that and siliconed the holes shut. Removed the fabric off of the trunk lid and ran them down the trunks arm on the drivers side with the other wires. They come out through a grommet behind the rear left passenger side door pillar which I removed, then removed the floor covers up to the drivers side to where I could run them through the fuse box and under the dash where the interface is mounted. I attached the heads with 3M mounting tape which I bought at NAPA. The back is level, you just have to make sure that the heads are straight seeing as the trim curves outward.
    X2!!!

100% how i did it. Rear heads look 1 hour to install.

Professional

Great setup. =)

Newcomer

Install looks great, very stealthy.