Default Valentine 1 hardwired with concealed display S55 AMG

So I was looking for a good place to place my Valentine one, and I tried a lot of things - I really wanted a stealth install. I tried the headrest in the back, but I could not get it to fit inside as on my S55 it is a bit tight in there.

So I finally decided to just mount it on the passenger visor with the V1 visor clip, and put the concealed display in the ash tray. It works out well, I get good signal because it's high in the windshield and not blocked. I have to take it out of the car overnight as I don't want it stolen, but it's OK. I will keep it like this now, but I really wanted a completely hidden look so I don't have to take it out of the car. The CD can stay in the ash tray as it closes.

1photo.jpg2photo.jpg

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Valentine 1 hardwired with concealed display S55 AMG

There is a good place there is where I have mine but when you are not in it I would take it down.

Yeah, I will take it down when I leave the car in some places. I really wanted somewhere hidden to leave it in all of the time, but alas this is the best I found.

Radar Fanatic

About the only place that I take mines down is maybe the Mall and when I go to stay all night at the church and that's it. My window are tinted so I can get away with it for the amount of time I leave my truck.

Professional

That's a nice little setup you got there. Looks good.

2nd update: After a lot of tinkering today, I was finally able to place the V1 inside the rear middle headrest. I still need to maybe add some more foam as the V1 makes a little square shape in the otherwise smooth headrest, but I don't think anyone will notice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Radar Fanatic

Do it pick up back there?

I've been testing it, and I am getting very good reception there. I've gotten a few Ka bands, and numerous K's and X's with nearly the same performance as before, I do not really notice a difference.

Here is the last picture of it, I made sure it was level as well.

Also, all of my pictures come out sideways and only on this website. How can I fix that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rondocap View Post
    I've been testing it, and I am getting very good reception there. I've gotten a few Ka bands, and numerous K's and X's with nearly the same performance as before, I do not really notice a difference.

Here is the last picture of it, I made sure it was level as well.

Also, all of my pictures come out sideways and only on this website. How can I fix that?
    Have you tried rotating the photos before you upload? If not, you may want to use an image hosting site, so you'll get a url for the photo instead of uploading. That's more efficient IMO.

How balanced is the Front and Rear detection? (don't know why i capitalized those)

Even with mine mounted on the windshield, I get better rear range.

I was on the highway, and was getting a Ka band to my rear, a good distance back. The car came to my side, and I immediately saw the arrows go from the side to the front as he passed me, so it picked up really good.

I have not noticed a performance drawback yet. If I did, I'm sure it'd be in the single digit percentages. Obviously laser is blocked, but I plan to get a LI dual.