Good Citizen

Default 2006 Mazdaspeed6 Redline Hardwire

I decided to move things around a little. I moved the Redline to above the rearview mirror. It is level (according to the bubbles). It is slightly behind the black dots but it has appeared to have minimal performance effect based on the typical signals on my day-to-day drive. I also installed a master shut off switch in front of the shifter (the one on the left as the one on the right is for interior LED lights in the footwells and under the seats). I also installed the remote mute near the shifter and the alert indicator light near the gauges. I can see my alert now if I can't hear it. See pics.

Professional

Default Re: MS6 Install Update

Looks good. Where was the Redline before? Is the alert LED for Jammers or the Redline?

Radar Fanatic

Nice Redline install man! It's in a good place- Probably tuff to see from outside.

Good Citizen

The Redline was below the mirror in a Blendmount. The indicator is for the Redline. No jammers. It cannot be seen from the outside as I have a 15 percent tint strip across the top.

Radar Fanatic

if
    Last edited by that guy; 07-24-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Nice install.

Good Citizen

So it sounds like the dots did not deteriorate the performance is that still correct? Thanks.

BTW, how do you like that car? Been thinking of one since I now have a son to drive around

Good Citizen

There is some performance deterioration but nothing signifiant. Redline performance makes up for it.

The car is great. Lots of power and torque. Very fun to drive. AWD is great, especially for MI winter. Traction control and side airbags sold me on the safety, along with the antilock brakes. Nice interior. I really like it. Now I just have to stop adding upgrades. A few are guys are pushing the limits near 400 awhp. One guy fully odder to 516 awhp. That much power scares me for a daily driver, especially with a daughter in tow.